“We will not be back to this hotel”

Comfort Inn Muskegon
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed June 28, 2011

When we arived, we told they only had a king wirlpool suite available,unless we were military or an employee of Walmart or Sams Club. We took that room, and it was so smokey that we had to go to Walmart for air freshner to clear it out. The air never fully came on and it was very warm (June).
The room itself was nice, but my husband fell back on the office chair and hit his head on the wall.
The pool area was nice and large, however, the pool was too cold and the hot tub was way too hot. Also, there was a large group who seemed to ignore the posted signs about no glass or alcohol being brought into the pool area.

The breakfast being served seemed nice, but the crowd was so large that there was no place to sit and by the time we got to the serving line, there was no food left (at least quality food). Some cereal & oatmeal.

When we checked in, we asked about purchasing tickets to Michigan Adventure. They said it would be better to do it in the morning, since they were very busy checking people in. When I went to purchase the tickets the next morning, I was told I couldn't use my debit card, because they already closed it out. So I paid cash, however they did not have their cash drawer open to give me change. We waited quite a long time to get change. Then 3 days later, the charge for the tickets (That I paid cash for) showed up as a debit on my bank statement. After a call to the hotel, they said they would remove the charge and I could call back to make sure that it was taken off, and they would send me an email to confirm, but at no time did anyone ever ask me for an email address!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank foxboys5
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Muskegon

Reviewed June 16, 2011

My Mother was hospitalized nearby and rather than drive back and forth during this tenuous time, I stayed at the Comfort Inn near by. The receptionist was very nice and I mentioned my reason for staying which surprisingly got me a lower room rate. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was sufficient. My room was near a side entrance so I could park close and come and go using my room key rather than entering through the main entrance each time. This hotel fit my needs and would likely stay there again if circumstances warranted.

Room Tip: Discount available for Mercy hospital guest
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2011

There were many problems with our stay...all were minor, but the hotel is old and not kept up. The hallways are not well lit and very dirty...the carpet was falling apart....stained furniture in our room...breakfast wasn't very good-it was below a standard level. Next time I go to the theme park...I won't stay here

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 2kidsfamily
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Myself, 4 kids and two other adults stayed here for 2 nights. It took 20 minutes to check in because there was only one person behind the desk and she was "new". Got up to our rooms and they were not adjoining like we asked. This was corrected but the second set of rooms had a TV and phone that was not working. Spent several hours back and forth trying to get this fixed. No luck . The next day we insisted on new rooms. They provided them but when we went down to pay we were told that our credit card was accidentally charged TWICE for the rooms. This is after we paid in cash. They would not refund the cash and told us it would be 3-10 days for the refund on the card. In the mean time my account did not have the over $400 they charged it and now I have to pay overdraft fees. To top it off the pool was over run with a birthday party and the breakfast buffet was a joke. People actually stood around looking at empty serving dishes while the housekeeping staff were eating plates of food at the front desk. I can only assume this was the food that was meant for the customers. We were charge over $600.00 for a two night stay in an under staffed, under supplied, and run down hotel. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank heatherjean_11
Reviewed February 24, 2011

this is a good hotel near services in Muskegon. The hotel staff is helpful. The hotel is currently under a renovation and therefore there is some construction on the first floor. But they said it will soon be over and then it will be better than before.
breakfast is okay, too.
We have stayed this hotel 3 times a year and everytime it has been okay, no problems for the past 3 years.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We made this trip on short notice for a death in the family.
The staff was great - Becky at the front desk was amazingly professional and very helpful.
The hotel is not much to look at from the outside, but has a nice indoor pool with hot tub. There is also a pool table, air hockey table, and lots of chairs & tables in the large rec room area which included the pool.
Nice complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We have family in the area and have been coming to this area my whole life in the summer and winter. We have stayed at just about all the hotels in the area and we love this one the best. That's why we keep coming back. The staff is excellent. Our room is always nice and clean. The pool area is hugh with a great hot tub. Breakfast is on the higher side of good.

Combine all that with great rates -- what's not to love!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family