“Run as fast as you can away from this place!”

A Victory Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Liberty, Missouri, United States
“Run as fast as you can away from this place!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The elevator was broken. the pool was out of order. The furniture was falling apart (entertainment center/chifferrobe had a back that was falling off). The internet did not work the first two days we were there. The rooms were NOT remodeled. The AC was off in the hallways. There were two toasters plugged into a power strip that blew any time more than one set of slots was being used on the toasters. We had to ask for milk at the front desk for the cereal. Here is the web site. The front desk was manned about half the time by one person. The carpet was not swept before we got there. We asked that it be vacuumed and they only swept between the beds. The rooms were not recently renovated as stated on the web site. Oh, I could go on but that is a start!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2012

If I could rate lower I would.Not worth the money at all. Both elevators were broken. Ice machine broken. The halls were dirty and smelly. They said pool was under renovation, but I don't belive they have any intention of fixing it, Customer service sucked, half of the time when I called down there was no answer the other half they would not help with my complaint. We hated it. Take my advise if you have the money, pay the extra buck and go somewhere else. This place was horrible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FARMINGTON
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We made a two night reservation at this hotel (ugh) for a week end baseball tournament. Upon arrival late Friday night we were given a room and immediately after opening the door we were disgusted. There were dead bugs all over the tiled floors with a nest under the sink. The carpeting and bedding were filthy. There was dust an inch thick on the entertainment center and drapes. We complained and were given a choice of two other rooms. One had the wallpaper peeling off the wall, dust covered and dirty again, and the door was damaged as if someone had try to break into the room. The third room at least had clean sheets but was still dusty and the knobs and trim were broken off the furniture. We tried to get a room elsewhere but it was after 11 PM on a Friday night and we had no success. We ended up staying the night but checked out before 7 AM the next morning. Needless to day we did not try the continental breakfast. I wanted to contact their corporate offices to lodge a complaint but could not get a number or e-mail anywhere. This establishment should be closed down and power washed. Newly renovated--what a joke.

Room Tip: Do not even think about staying at this hotel.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at Victory Inn after spending the day at Michigan Adventure Water Park and it was the cheapest hotel we could find, only 70$ for the night!! It was a little nerve racking knowing that just a block away was the hood with one of the biggest crime rates in Michigan. When we first looked at reviews they weren't too bad, but when I looked once we got to the hotel I was a little taken back. My stay would have been much better without reading reviews because then I was just paranoid and couldn't sleep. As for our room it was clean as far as we could tell, all we did was slept there, the pillows were very thin along with the sheets and the air conditioner was very loud. We didn't use the shower because we were a little worried about it from the reviews and I am not quite sure if the toilet was cleaned from the people before us. The hotel was very outdated with the decorations, but would have been beautiful in its time. The biggest bummer was we wanted to swim and the pool was closed for repair. The people at the desk were friendly the times we talked to them. So if you need it just for the night it is not the worst place you can find, but the area around was a little scary and the stuff in the room (blankets) were not the best quality.

1 Thank Patty S
Eaton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was there during the Hot Rod Power tour of 2012 and it was absolutely filthy. I have pictures of the blood stains on the comforters and sheets. The vanity hasn't been dusted since it was put there and the carpet hasnt been vacuumed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, the lobby should give you a good idea
1 Thank Brian H
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

First off, the only positive thing about the location, was that our Gramma house was right down the road. Or room was not really very bad at all. But we didn't have a refrigerator! We have a 1 year old. How the hell am I supposed to keep heri milk cold?! Also, at one point our room keys quit working. And, I hope for breakfast, you like bagels and coffee...

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank momma413
IL
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for Memorial Day weekend. I had two nights booked but cancelled the second night and went to another hotel.

Cons
The common areas are surprisingly filthy. Once we realized that we became nervous for the room. The carpet didn't look vacuumed for some time.

At the front desk there is a warning that you must call within 15 minutes of your booking time if there is an issue with your room to get a refund. So this is happening enough to have a sign?

Elevator - old and malfunctioning.

Room - stained furniture. There was proof that it isn't cleaned often and things like corners of the room completely ignored.

Like another reviewer stated, I booked a King but got two Queens. They were booked out. Parking lot was empty. Doubting King rooms exist. In my extra special bad luck our room was shared a wall with the malfunctioning elevator. Very loud noise all night from this.

Towels - only two.

Pool - closed.

Food - too scared to try!

Pros
Price - you get what you pay for. I've taken a gamble here and there for a cheap room, that's part of rolling the dice.

Linens - the room and linens where clean enough we decided to stay the first night. We also decided not to stay a second night however.

Staff - was very nice and helpful. They also helped me cancel my second night with a refund.

Overall: D- because the basics (linen & staff) were good enough not to leave immediately and I have been in worse.

This is a I need to stay somewhere 1 night and I have little $$ or you know you are partying and just need to crash a bit.

I knew this was a gamble going in and I lost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family