“Family Fun For All”

Hoffmaster State Park
Ranked #3 of 45 things to do in Muskegon
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We loved the Hoffmaster State Park, all you need is a State Park pass which was $11 and you have assess to a fun filled day of sightseeing, climbing, sand dunes, and the beach was picture perfect.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love going to Hoffmaster. They have seemingly endless trails to hike on. Lots of nature trails, multiple accesses to the beach, and a welcome/nature center that I haven't been to in years but definitely recommend if you have children (I am unsure of the nature center's hours). There are places to go to just enjoy a picnic and they also have a campground. I love coming here in the spring and fall to hike, and in the summer to go to the beach. In the summer, the main beach (first parking lot on right) is always crowded, but if you go to the beach from the second parking lot (it's a bit of a walk down the trail) it's a lot less crowded though there isn't as much sand area to put out blankets as the first lot, there is a TON of waterfront here so if you're looking to walk the beach or swim and don't care about laying out, I recommend the second beach access. . . the walk back up the dune to the trail is a GREAT work out! I know that people often cross country ski here in the winter though I have never done that. This is a state park so you do have to pay (I recommend the yearly pass, it's the best deal, if you're a local... if just for the day I believe it is $6 or $8).

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I always meet nice people at this beach. The sand is not real great this year because of the spring flood. The nature center beyond the beach is a place my grandkids love to visit! They have live animals down the basement and educational info about the dunes upstairs.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I live just down the road, but I never get bored by the lake, the hiking trails, and the amazing sunsets. I have never camped there, or even visited the "camping area", but the actual state park is gorgeous.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice, Quiet beach. Beautiful sand. Nice hiking areas as well. Great place for a picnic lunch on the beach.