“Best hamburgers in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bear Lake Tavern

Bear Lake Tavern
Ranked #61 of 214 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Alma, Michigan
“Best hamburgers in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love eating here after a long day at the beach. Sitting outside looking at the canal and the Lake is our favorite.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent fish and beer in pleasant outdoor dining.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We had the Whitefish dinner as well as fish and chips. We also had Founders Dirty, a truly excellent dark beer that will be appreciated by those who are not dark beer fans. The Whitefish was $18., the fish and chips $10. And each big glass of beer was $4.50. Both fish dishes as well as the beer were among the best I've ever had. All this was enjoyed on BLT's outdoor patio overlooking Muskegon Lake. The service was the of the best by BLT's new waiter who has moved to Michigan from New Jersey (he must like snow!) and who provided prompt service and excellent menu selection recommendations. He's great! So I am puzzled by the grousing in some of the previous reviews. In my opinion BLT is among the best casual restaurants in Muskegon.

Rockford, Michigan
“tasty tavern eating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

family enjoyed good food and good service.
it's quaint location on the Bear Lake channel connecting Muskegon Lake to Bear Lake was interesting.
there are a few slips for docking on the channel.
the battered onion rings were huge and perfectly done. if there is a filet min'onion ring these are it!
the salads, chicken strips, and burgers were delicious.
a great place to stop while in the area.

New Berlin, WI
“Good Perch Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The perch was good, the breading lite and crispy. The service was terrible. The appetizer was tossed on the table and the server was gone before we could ask for silverware and napkins. A couple next to us handed us some so we could start eating. When our main dish was also tossed on the table, I could not believe it. The server mumbled something but her head was turned to the table she cared about. I had to go to the bar and ask for the check. My card was taken and then other things were more important so I had to wait to pay too.

We have gone to this restaurant for years although we have missed for the last few years. I think we will look elsewhere next time.

1 Thank Sally D
“Not pleased!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Food wasn't great and service also wasn't great. I would have rather went to McDonalds. The waitress I had was stuck up and the food was not cooked right. My food was mostly completely Fries.

• Visited June 2014