“Great package for Michigans Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Muskegon, KOA

Muskegon, KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muskegon
Muskegon, KOA
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great package for Michigans Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We liked this campground a lot. They were very conscientious about picking up garbage and keeping the sites clean. Our 8 year old made friends and had a blast with the bikes, jumping pillow and playground and it's super close to the amusement park. We'll definitely be going back next year. The staff was nice, the restrooms were cleaned daily and I liked that there was a dish-washing station at the bathroom near the cabins. I would recommend the package, it saved us at least $30 in amusement park tickets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tbielaczyc

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Norton Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was there on the last weekend of the 2013 season. The owner went out of his way to make sure my stay was above average. He was so friendly that I felt like I have known him for years! Clean rest rooms and sites. The store was low on items but it was the last day! I have stayed here before and never had nothing but fine service and great camping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Don W
Joliet, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was way too loud, way too crowded and there were way too many inconsiderate people. Not clean at all. They picked up our garbage 5 minutes after we got there like they had nothing better to do. If you stay there, bring earplugs! They also wouldn't let my 16 year old son get me a cup of coffee.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Carey S
Grand Rapids, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I did not stay but had family in several different campsites. As a visitor I can tell you that I will NEVER camp there nor recommend anyone camp there. I was at the campground a total of 1 hour - enough time for a short visit, pick up family and head to Michigan's Adventure. 10 minutes after my arrival, the owner approached my vehicle that held my teenage son and his friend to start complaining that they did not check in at the front desk and pay the $3 per person visitor fee. I was in the restroom (which was disgusting and certainly not big enough for the amount of campers) at the time and walked up on the situation. I explained I was not aware of the need to stop at the front desk or that there was designated parking across the road. I also explained that I was there to pick up some family to head to the park and would only be there for a short time and wasn't returning after. He was less than pleasant to everyone around. I am surprised this campground is still in business and it is a shame that he carries the KOA brand. I have stayed at several KOA's in my life and have never been treated as poorly as this one. I do NOT recommend ANYONE stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank paxlc
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just got back from staying at this campground over the weekend, and well, we hadn't even MADE it to the campsite before we were regretting choosing this location for a family gathering. We had rented a campsite and two cabins, and had carpooled together. The owner himself "greeted" us, and he wouldn't even let us explain that we had multiple sites before he started yelling at us that we had too many people. We didn't have too many people though! It seemed to beyond his comprehension that people may carpool and have multiple reservations in the same vehicle. From there, he started yelling at my brother who was walking over to help my dad pull the RV into our campsite. If the owner cannot show more respect for his guests, he is in the wrong industry! The problem is that the KOA name saves him; people book relying on the name alone and are unaware of what the experience will actually be like. Should have read the reviews beforehand that said to beware of the owner, because our experience was 100% in line with those reviews.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Heather K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been to several campsites but this is the worst place ever! There was no activities for kids except the slides near- the lake.The sites are so small compared to other campsites and the location are by far nowhere.The girl at the front desk was nice but the other staff outside are so rude.The manager Steve, staff Chris needs to undergo anger management & in service about customer service!!! The Restroom at the office are horrible.It needs complete remodelling.For 3 days we stayed there did not see anyone clean the restroom.The floor was so filthy, smelly, bugs & spider web!!!The only nice about this place is it's near Michigan Adventure!Otherwise if you want to have some fun especially for your kids go somewhere else! We have 9 families who stayed here but unsatisfied and not happy about the place and the management!! We could have left the first day but there was no refund so decided to stay!!!This was the first and last that we'll come to this place!!!

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank tripreviews13
farmington hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at KOA Muskegon for 2 nights. It was an AWFUL experience. We've stayed in different KOA Campground, but Muskegon.....is the worst. The owner is rude, unethical, unapproachable not to mention needs to learn the essence of hygiene. He doesn't know the importance of customer service. No activities for kids, bathroom near the office is very dirty, the faucet water is yellow.That's our first and last stay there. We'll never go back . It's close to Michigan Adventure but staying at KOA Muskegon is a misadventure. Not recommended for family with children.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank brendan a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon
Comfort Inn Whitehall
Comfort Inn Whitehall
#1 of 5 in Whitehall

Been to Muskegon, KOA? Share your experiences!