“Best place to stay in Muskegon”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I loved the staff at this hotel. They were friendly and helpful. Everything was so clean! I had stated it was my husbands birthday and they left a small cake and card in the room. Excellent service!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LizaMarie80

Reviewed January 8, 2011

I've stayed here multiple times while traveling on business and I've always had a pleasant stay. The staff has ranged from good to great. The beds, furnishings, etc are all where they should be for a hotel at this price point; good but nothing exceptional. The rooms are always clean and I had noise issues from the next room once but I think he was just a loud talker.

The location is farther away from downtown and any interesting non-chain restaurants than I'd like but to be honest the only decent non-chain restaurant I've eaten at in town is Hearthstone anyways so maybe I should check out the restaurants around the mall anyways. Given the limited hotel options in town I'd heartily recommend the Fairfield.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ScubaBucky
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Our only request was a quiet room. We were placed between the ice machane and water pump room. And close to the outside door. There was roaring and dropping ice all night long. There was a lamp pole out side the window and the curtain were not able to block the light you could read a book by the amount of light. We used hair clips to pull the curtain to getter. They would not move us! Because of Black Friday shoppers which we heard all night banging the outside doors.

We were told since we used a third party (Orbitz) they would NOT look up our membership reward card. And would NOT credit our stay. The front desk was not usualy manned. I could NOT get a hot cup of tea in the evening the pot was always empty. And no one around to ask to fill it.

Room & hall dirty. Room was not cleaned. just sheets pulled up daily. I have used third party resverations many times and never treated this way! Always treated with respect.
While we were checking in I saw the manger run out to tell someone the pets not allowed. they Said we are just dropping off our stuff the dog is going with us to stay at Moms. It is too cold for her in the car -the temps was in the teens. The manger was not happy and followed them down the hall.
I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beauty1492
FairfieldMKGNS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

At Fairfield Inn Muskegon we pride ourselves in providing a clean room and great service, at a great price! I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We would love to welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Thank you so much for your superior service and clean room during my stay. Both are very much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 3 years for 1-2 days and we love it. The staff is always so welcoming and accomodating. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean! The pool area is a bit small but my children love it. The surrounding area has any kind of shopping or restaurant you could ask for. The location is very convenient to Michigan adventure and the beach. Our first pic :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback! Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed June 24, 2010

The hotel was in an awesome location. Many restaurants, shopping, ressonably close to Michigan Adventure and other family fun places. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely curtious and accomodating to our group of 17. The group was comprised of 1 senior, 8 children (ages 1-15) and adults. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the pool, jacuzzi and family dining area. The dining area was clean, well kept and stocked for breafast each morning. We all agree if/ when we return to Muskegon we will stay at The Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Mcalvin
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We stay at the Fairfield in Muskegon nearly every time we visit our family in the area. It's consistent! The rooms are spacious and clean. I don't mind my babies crawling around! The breakfast is great and fresh fruit and coffee are available all day. The mall and good restaurants are nearby. We appreciate nearly every aspect of this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores? Share your experiences!