“Fun!”

Michigan's Adventure
Ranked #8 of 31 things to do in Muskegon
More attraction details
Owner description: Classic amusement park combined with a water park and Boogie Beach wave pool.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had our vacation with my family of 4 my mom and nephew. Compared to other parks and splash we have been, this is my second best. What made it memorable was when we ride in the big timber roller coaster! Wow! It was unforgetable... it was a long ride and the timber made it a different feeling. It was more thrilling! The height was superb! The park was updated. Over-all the price is worth it!

2  Thank Frances C
in 10 reviews
"log ride"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Michigan's Adventure is a nice small amusement park probably much suited for families with younger kids. We attended for my birthday weekend, using our Cedar Fair Platinum Passes, and were not that impressed with ride selection for being two adults. There is a great variety of rides, minus thrill and coasters. There were some intense (physically beating) wooden coasters and only two more normal steel coasters, with there own share of issues with the trains and queueing processes. There are A LOT of spinning or twirling rides, not exactly for those of us with weak stomachs. Been to King's Island, Cedar Point and Worlds of Fun (all Cedar Fair owned parks and this park didn't seem similar. Also, being a railroad enthusiast I was really disappointed. It ended up have a train ride through the weeds(taller than the train) and a very long, creepy dark tunnel. Not all is bad, the admission price is decent and the food prices were reasonable considering it is an amusement park. The park was very clean though and I think it being the only option in Michigan is probably a destination for Michiganders, but not for tourists. All of the staff was courteous and helpful.

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Waterpark is great, new rides, fun for all! If you can go on a weekday you'll beat more of the crowds.

1  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I decided to take my five neices and nephews (ages 11 through 17) as a collective birthday present to Michigan's Adventure last Saturday. This was definitely the place that satisfied the range of ages. Considering the time of year, I was quite surprised at the number of rides that had very short lines. In some of the roller coasters, the wait was under 5 minutes, thus taking care of my biggest complaint about theme parks. When we made it over to the water park, we found were everyone was hiding. The slides, etc, were all packed there. Next time we wil hit that area first to avoid the crush of people.

The rides themselves have a great variety of coasters, water rides and spinning rides. The park is kept up very well. Landscaping is very nice and all the walkways are kept clean. All in all, MA is a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank TravelinT7