“Not for me”

Michigan's Adventure
Ranked #8 of 45 things to do in Muskegon
More attraction details
Owner description: Classic amusement park combined with a water park and Boogie Beach wave pool.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Deer Park... I must say over all the park was much more fun and affordable back then. Now, Michigan Adventure...Most people I know go mostly for the water park. I personally wish they would have separate admission for each park. I don't like going on a ride and getting a wet behind because someone from the water park had just got off in a wet swimsuit. The roller coaster rides kill your headand neck I have rode many didifferent rides over the years at other parks this is my least favorite park to go. Even though it is close by I don't enjoy going.

4  Thank L J
in 11 reviews
"log ride"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Best value around for two parks in one location.....Shivering timbers is rough( if you have bad back or neck don't ride it, )but kids loved everything.....

1  Thank Valeria420
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We get season passes and go quite a lot during the summer months. Some fun coasters although I'm getting too old for the wooden ones, my grandchildren love them. They jerk me around too much but I love the metal ones. The water park is great on hot days. Food and drinks in the park are WAY over priced. You are allowed to bring in water only. But many families pack a picnic lunch and leave it in the cars. You can then leave the park and eat at your car and then return (make sure they stamp your hand to re-enter). Bring some foldable chairs and have a nice picnic in the parking lot! No place to get anything close by, so bring it with you. A little known secret, you can ask any of the food service counters for a free cup of ice water. My 11 year old granddaughter loves, loves, loves the water park. July and August are packed and expect long lines. But June is a great time to go. We went on Memorial Day weekend and almost had the place to ourselves with no waiting for any of the rides. Also went a few other weekends in June and it was almost empty. Really. But it was a little chilly for the water park.

2  Thank demaranch
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been to Michigan's Adventure countless times in the past. They weren't always owned by Cedar Point, but since they became associated with Cedar Point, the admission price and parking have skyrocketed. Gone are the simple days when you could pay a few dollars to get in, bring your cooler full of food, and enjoy an inexpensive, fun time with your family. This used to be "Deer Park" but the deer are long gone.

I have also known teenagers who have worked there, and the working conditions should be illegal.

3  Thank Ruth S