“Great Family Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently visited this establishment for the first time at a friend's recommendation. A great experience prompted us to go again the following week. We are not from the area but were in Muskegon enroute to Blue Lake. There are a number of reasons I'm giving them five stars. First and foremost is the food. Everything we tried was very, very good, and we're pretty tough critics. We had the wings, bruschetta, salads, a burrito, prime rib, and the French dip sandwich. The French dip was the best I've ever had. I'm generally leary of ordering it at a restaurant for fear of getting slices of roast beef that are too thick or too tough, or just plain lacking in flavor. Theirs is made with their prime rib and it just about melted in my mouth and was bursting with flavor. We are headed back there today, planning our timing for yet another Blue Lake (Fine Arts Camp) trip so we can make it there for lunch.

Next on the the A-list was the service. Too often these days I've received sub-par service, but not here. Both times our waitress was friendly, efficient, and on top of things without being intrusive. I tipped over 20% because I felt the service was perfect.

Finally, I liked the decor. Brightly colored tiles make the place look festive. There is a mix of tables and booths so they can easily accommodate groups. There is a large faucet hanging from the ceiling that appears to be running despite the fact that it's not connected to anything. It's sure to amuse the young and the young at heart.

Their prices are very reasonable. The prime rib was $15.99. I don't recall the price of anything else off-hand but their full menu is available on-line. The menu is large and varied but they don't seem to suffer from having so many items. The wine list is decent, I didn't check out what beer they carry.

The worst thing about Handsome Henry's? Trying to decide what to order - so many good choices but only so much room in our tummies!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MJRoyalAOak

Liberty, Missouri, United States
“great food and service”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A varied menu with creativity. Food was good service was excellent

Visited July 2012
Muskegon, Michigan
“Great noon pizza buffet”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have eaten here before but yesterday we went for their Pizza Buffet. Several kinds of thin crust and deep dish pizza, 3 salads, firtatta, cheesy garlic bread, a pasta dish and bruschetta all for $7.99. There is suppose to be complimentary wine but we were not offered any and I really didn't mind that I didn't have it. I am sure if we had asked, they would have brought it. The pizza was excellent as was the garlic bread and bruschetta. I also enjoyed the fritatta. I wasn't real thrilled with the pasta. It is all self serve so we didn't have to wait on a server but she was prompt in bringing us our drinks.

• Visited June 2012
Norton Shores, Michigan
“Nice to Visit”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went to Handsome Henry's expecting the same quality food they have at Hobo's in North Muskegon since I believe they have the same owner. I was a little disappointed. The food was good but not to the level I expected. We tried the pizza first time, which they say they specialize in and was not impressed. We've been back about three of four times to keep giving them a try because it is located close to us. It is good food don't let me steer you wrong just not what I want in non fast food restaurant. I am a little picky though. So go try the food and post your take on Handsome Henry's .

Visited April 2012
Muskegon, Michigan
“Never Disappointed!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I am never disappointed here! Great burgers, pasta, and apps!

Visited April 2012