“The Worst”

Third Street Grille
Ranked #44 of 217 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed September 28, 2012

was seated -waited 10 minutes before waiter came over and took drink order -waited 15 minutes before drinks came only after i asked another waiter for them because we hadn't seen our waiter again -placed food order - salads came - no rolls - they had burned them - didn't get them till half way after food arrived - from the time we placed order [3 meals -dining room very slow] it was well over a 1/2 hour before meals came - wife and daughter ordered steak/shrimp [supposed to be one of better meal]- daughters mashed potatoes cold - wifes baked potato hard - wifes steak ordered medium was well done -i ordered breakfast hamburger -came without the egg on it - was sent back -by the time i got it my two girls were done with their meals - their ribeye steaks were gristly - staff was apologetic but saw another patron just ripping on the manager and another table complaing also - it was my wifes 50th birthday and it was ruined - they gave us a 15%discount and a free piece of cake to my wife but nothing could make up for what they put us through - will not go back again because bottom line the food stunk -throw in bad /lack of service why would you?

There are newer reviews for Third Street Grille

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our first time here and we were excited to try it out. The atmosphere was pleasant and not overdone and the staff friendly. My wife had a shrimp and bowtie pasta dish which she said was very good. The sauce was not overwhelming and the bacon added a nice flavor. I had chicken oscar with grilled asparagus and mixed vegetables. I,too, thought my dish was very good. The soup side was flavorful but just lukewarm. When I mentioned this to our waitress, Jessica, she said she would tell the kitchen but made no effort or offer to reheat mine. We had a glass of wine each and the glasses were adequately filled. Now here comes the part that drags down the score. We were seated at 5:55 and were done eating at 6:50. We were ready to pay and get across the street for an event at the Frauenthal Theater. The doors opened at 7:00 and we wanted to get decent general admission seats. Jessica, our waitress was no where to be found. At 7:00, we asked another waiter if he could track her down. He came back and said she would be right out --- wrong. At 7:12 she finally brought the bill, barely apologized and I left, after paying, at 7:16. I would say this was totally unacceptable. We will go back, after all the food was pretty good, although a bit pricey (ie. perch dinner was $23.95), but would ask for a different waitress/waiter.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We ate dinner here 1 night and did appetizers and breakfast a couple times. The wait staff and bartenders were really great. The food was average, but most of it was free with our Priority Club membership. Easy and quick.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

You'd never think of the food to be too great being inside of a hotel but it is AMAZING! Easily the best prime rib and perch in town!