“Authetic Italian Crusine!”
Review of Verdonis - CLOSED

Verdonis
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Muskegon, Michigan
“Authetic Italian Crusine!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been a customer at the new Verdonis Restaurant for about 2 years now. This is just simply an Awesome Dining Experience! My favorite is the Italian Lazanya ( just like my Grama's Petrongelli's from Rome Italy) piles of cheese and sauce -just plan "YUMMY". The menu at Verdonis is Huge and So Authetic-you feel like you are in Italy when you visit this place. Also a Great Family Dining Experience! The next time that you visit the Muskegon area please visit the great Verdonis of Norton Shores --you will be memorized by this truly Awesome Dining Experience!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank LINDA P

“If you want Italian drive east or south”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with my wife on 2/2 at 7 pm. My wife and I both grew up in Italian families west of Boston. We've dined at Italian restaurants all over the US and Italy. We were greeted by the hostess and seated right away. The wine by the glass menu is very limited. The house Chianti was a good value at $4 my wife had the Sauvignon Blanc at $8 because Pinot Grigio was not offered by the glass. Our server was very attentive and very personable, the service was excellent. We started out with the zucchini appetizer, deep fried slices were a 1st, usually you're served spears, they were bland, and needed a little seasoning. My wife had the whole wheat penne & vegetables which was were very good. I had
Nana's spaghetti & clams which were great until I bit into the clam shells. The side order of meatballs were excellent. The desert menu has limited Italian offerings i.e. mini cannoli's. We stopped by the deli on the way out, what happened to the deli selection of meats & cheeses, I guess if nobody's buying it you don't offer it. I wish I hadn't purchased what I did, when I opened the packages my prosciutto and capicola were wrapped in heading piles like I bought the from the deli counter at Meijer's. If you're looking for an Italian experience one step up from the lakeshores #1 Italian restaraunt the Olive Garden you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for real home cooked Italian head east to Boston or put on your bullet proof vest and head south to Chicago.

1 Thank Surfman113
Michigan
“Great service, GREAT HAPPY HOUR!!!!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place has the best service and happy hour around. Bloody Mary bar on Sundays is awesome. The bartenders are the best around. Love this place!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank yzf1k97
Weatherford, Texas
“A marginal server can ruin a meal!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It was a Saturday night, 5:30PM, 6 persons and a visibly annoyed waiter. We tried killing him with kindness. We ordered drinks, we ordered appetizers, we ordered wine, we ordered appetizers. His attitude improved, but we were the customer, not there to entertain him, it's supposed o be the other way around. The food was obscured by the service. It made above average calamari, into average. It turned a hand-tossed pizza into marginal. In short the clothes don't make the man, but a server with a chip on his shoulder can make you think twice about returning.

• Visited December 2012
Muskegon, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place to eat”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great food...Nachos ROCK! Love the atmosphere! Superb staff and just a fun place to be....................................................

Visited December 2012