“Salute!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Muskegon, Michigan
“Salute!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had dinner with my wife here this past weekend and really liked it. The druken mussels appetizer was to die for! The seating was spacious and the wait staff were very attentive. I had the Seafood Fra Diavlo and my wife had the Chicken Milanese entree and both were excellent. Dinner was reasonably priced especially if you take advantage of the weekly coupons on their website. I also enjoyed watching the cook staff hand tossing of pizzas and baking them in their wood fired oven. I will be back for sure. Salute!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank William E

Muskegon Michigan
“Great food excellent place to eat”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have been going to Verdonis now for a few months as it is close and local and good food. Try the pizza. Some might not like it because it doesn't come from a box but if you really like a good pizza this is the place to get one. The Hawaiian is my favorite but the others are excellent too. A bit loud but the Resturant caters to a younger crowd so if your looking for a quite place to eat its not your place but if you can do a little noise then by all means give them a try

2 Thank Geogh3
LUDINGTON, MI
“DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Looking for a non-chain restaurant, we decided to try Verdonis. It was around 5 pm, so the after work crowd had not started coming in at that point. The first thing we noticed was that the music was turned up too loud and we had to speak up in order to be heard. I was quite disappointed when I received one of my favorite dishes - eggplant. It was tough. Since the waitress did not come back, we told another wait staff the problem and asked for our waitress. The 2nd wait staff person placed another order for me. The other person I was with had canneloni, which was "ok." Although the soup and bread were great, it was not enough to beckon us back. Both the food and service were nothing to write home about.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank TINA1943
Spring Lake, MI
“All-Around Great Restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is really a nice little Italian restaurant. It is a definite change of pace from the chain restaurants that populate Muskegon. The menu is quite extensive, with all of the fare that you would expect from a nice Italian restaurant. We had the pizza and a side salad. There are several choices of pizza on the menu, all quite unique. They use top-quality ingredients, including specialty cheeses. Everything is fresh. The pizza is cooked in a wood-fired oven and served straight out of the oven, so hot that you have to eat it very slowly and carefully at first--which is not a bad thing at all. Savor the flavor.

The service was exceptional. I even left a 25%+ tip, which is rare for me. Trust me: you will love Verdonis.

• Visited October 2012
Whitehall, Michigan
“Great Place”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Loved the food, atmosophere, service. What a great addition to be able to leave with a bottle of wine, olives and cheese for the next day. Can't wait to go back. Muskegon is lucky to have this restaurant.

Visited April 2012