Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
The LST-393 is amazing!

If you're interested in visiting a LST, this is the one! Since it isn't fully operational all the... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2023
aaronhZ9373UQ
Camdenton, Missouri
via mobile
Great WWII history.

This ship was in the D-day invasion and it is a great tour. The museum is top shelf. I think we... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2023
Carl S
Muskegon, Michigan

All reviews engine room main deck omaha beach interested in wwii history war ship mobility issues muskegon area invasion ships museum prisoners exhibits quarters shaft
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2011

An amazing history lesson. Not really for young chidlren.

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We toured the USS LST 393 Veterans Museum for about an hour plus and found it to be time very well spent. It is a self-guided tour, with numbered displays so you can follow everything deck by deck. You can tour the entire ship inside and out. I was in the Navy and I got a kick out of seeing "racks" (beds) like on my first ship. You can imagine life aboard a ship from the mess deck to the head and everything in between. This LST is a bit of American history not to be overlooked as it is only one of two remaining LST's out of over 1000 built. Cost is $6.00.

Date of experience: August 2011
3  Thank FurtherOnDownTheRoad
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Every time I go to Muskegon I take a trip in nautical history. The LST393 is a WWII landing ship in excellent show condition and the folks that run it are super nice. Great tour. I spend over 1+ hours going everywhere in this ship. Also a must see is the SS Milwaukee Clipper, a Great Lakes Cruise ship from about the 40s - 70s. This also has a wonderful group of folks to show you around and the know every bit of history of this great ship. Another ship is the USS Silversides WWII submarine. A self guided tour that really makes you feel what the men who fought her must have felt like. If you are large it some places may be a bit tight. Muskegon has a great collection of ships and should be proud of what they have. Highly recommend seeing all three of the big ones!

1  Thank GATOR96
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This attaction doesn't seem to get much press but it was well worth the stop.
I am just a regular person (not a diehard WWII, Navy or nautical fan) and this was my favorite thing about Muskegon.

It doesn't cost much and is run by nice volunteers. Shows movies in the summer, though it was raining the day we went.

We really enjoyed it and the 1940's music that was playing throughout the boat as we toured it. It really was impressive with good history. Plus since it's large, people who get claustrophic shouldn't have much trouble.

So glad we went!