“Great breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upbeat 50's style breakfast & lunch restaurant with an eclectic flare and incredible food...anything from pancakes to Belgian waffles topped with glazed strawberries and whipped cream or omelettes, Chicago style French toast, huevos rancheros, Eggs Benedict to 10 different steakburgers, salads, soups and sandwiches... "When you walk in the door and see Mama's kitchen you will feel like you are home" We look forward to your time with us! Make sure you sign Mama's book, we'd like your comments about your experience with us...see you soon!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I liked the restaraunt on my first visit and was told to try the homemade strawberry jam on my next visit. The restaraunt was still worth the stop but, the jam wasn't as good as my own homemade jam. It appeared to be pale so, I'm guessing it was rushed during the preparation.
Little higher priced than most breakfast menus but, the variety is better than any I have seen.
I especially like the Santa Monica Omelet, it gives me the vegetable servings I might not get until dinner and it has a great flavor.

1  Thank Tim48894

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Love this place. Homemade diner breakfast with a very unique decor. Everytime we go our food is delicious. Whether you want a good old fashion breakfast platter or one of their delightful specials, you will always find something good to eat. The waitresses are always very friendly with wonderful service and the prices are reasonable. What makes this place so much fun is that the decor is amazing. Hundreds of different lamps hang from the ceiling as well as the different art and unique items on the walls. It really make the place look great.
It's not in the greatest location, so don't judge it from the outside. Also be aware that it can be busy and sometimes you have to wait. Don't leave - it worth the wait.
We have not tried it for lunch so I can't review that. My guess is if it's anything like breakfast, it is probably amazing as well. If you are visiting Muskegon, make sure to find this place. You won't be dissapointed. If you live in Muskegon-why haven't you tried it yet?

Reviewed February 3, 2013

It’s always a good sign when you see a police car and 3 or 4 snow plows parked in front of a restaurant in the morning and that’s what we saw when we stopped here this morning. They have some unique omelets like the German omelet and the Philly omelet with spicy beef and peppers like what’s in a Philly cheesesteak. The décor was homey with antiques and the service was good. Toast ‘N Jams is the classic breakfast restaurant.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My favorite place for Breakfast. Great menu and I love the atmosphere. Very unique place and great service!

1  Thank CBVDive
Reviewed November 19, 2012

From start to finish..wonderful! The atmoshpere when walking in the door, the brief waiting, so much to look at while waiting, impressed because there were things for children to do while waiting, artwork on the walls, great servers, owner was there and very actively talking to customers, food incredible and it came out quickly..so much to be thankful for from the time I walked through the door!!

1  Thank notwhereibelong429