“Great Place... Would definately Stay again”

Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed January 24, 2011

There is a big sign that says under new management, but I'm not sure how long it has been there. The hotel was clean, the rooms were huge and the pool area was really nice. The hot tubs could use some work, one was perfect one night, and just luke warm the next, and the other was very cold.

I will definitely be staying here again, and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Fairly new modern building on the outside, kitschy (ugly) over-sized furniture inside. Old TV sets. Kitchenette with a large fridge. Kitchen and bedroom furniture from different eras. Bedroom is very small because of this ridiculous furniture. We had 20 inches at other side of the bed to the curtain and window. Windows are large and a view is nice specially if you room is on the lake side. Very LOUD AC and you could hear other AC-s in other rooms. If you want to sleep, you have to turn it OFF. Small bathroom. Large, well lit parking in front of the building. Breakfast was very good, a lot of items, no fruit. Check in/out was fair. Stayed one night for 120 dollars for the small suite with partial lake view. Use your AAA.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The room was not very clean.
We reserved a king suite with fireplace and jacuzzi.
The fireplace didn't work, the shower door kept falling off the track, and the furnace had a high pitch that woke us up throughout the night.
I mentioned this at check out and the lady at the desk didn't even acknowledge me,
she took thirty dollars off of the room fee and gave me a very sarcastic " have a nice day" when I was leaving the lobby.
When I looked at our bill online the hotel charged my debit card twice.
I called the hotel manager left a message and didn't even get a return call.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kipster49505
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This was supposed to be 2nd honeymoon. I had made a reservation with Danielle for a corner room, fire place, jacuzzi, lakeview room two days before our arrival. I even called the day of arrival to let her know when we would be showing up. When we did, no lakeview rooms available.

Did she apologize and discount our stay? Yes. Were we able to get a decent room anyway? I suppose (busted hair dryer and the empty RV style soap dispensers in the bathroom and the armoire which held the television was five times the size of tv which was even smaller then we have at home...and let's not forget no internet available....not impressed.)

All of that I could have dealt with, but my problem was with the attitude of both Danielle and Thomas at our check-in time. Both of them treated my wife and I like the whole thing was our fault. They apologized for our situation but made it clear that because we didn't pay the extra "$20 guarantee lakeview fee" which is not on the website anywhere and was first heard by our ears at check-in. What a blantant bait and switch! The only reason why we were at Shoreline was for that view.

And let's not forget Thomas. This wanna-be somebody actually told me that I should apologize to Danielle for being upset at her messing up our reservation.

Here's my apology...I am sorry that Shoreline has these two on their employee list.

Oh...by the way...breakfast included microwave breakfast egg sausage burritos...yum...not.

This hotel has a lot of potentional, but it needs new management big time. When in Muskegon, we'll be elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 48912glb
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Really happy with our stay! Rooms were nice, roomy. Loved the fridge and microwave in the room along with sofas and table. Two things not happy with, pillows and towels. Breakfast was the best continental breakfast i 've ever had.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I paid $199 plus taxes and fees for a room described to me as one of their luxury suites. When I opened the door the first thing I noticed was a musty smell. I decided to open one of the sliding doors to exchange the air for a few minutes. I stepped on both the cable and phone cords that were lying on the carpet in front of the door. The bed made loud cracking noises each time I moved. The bathroom was even less pleasant. The “mirrored brass” closet door was open at the front of the sink, was broken at the track and therefore would not move. There was hair on the floor, in the tub and in the tracks of both the glass and brass shower door and the closet door. There was a shampoo/conditioner/soap dispenser, like the kind you would find in an RV, attached to the shower wall with residue in it. I chose not to shower before I left.

I emailed the above feedback to Doug, General Manager of The Shoreline twice since my visit the end of July. Having been in both commercial and residential property management for many years in Maryland, Indiana, Florida and Colorado, feedback, both good and bad is always appreciated and provides an opportunity to look into/correct any issues. I made it clear my intent was not to inquire about a refund but rather to share with him what I experienced.

This venue certainly has potential but will require a lot of work and, obviously better management.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Marcie8093
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights in a corner room with a balcony. Hands down the best value I have ever received in a hotel. The staff were all helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The morning breakfast even included breakfast burritos which were terriffic - not your average continental breakfast! The property is well maintained and the view from our room over the lake and marina was beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Comfort Inn Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
#9 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 750 Terrace Point Rd, Muskegon, MI 49440-1100
Location: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Muskegon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Price Range: $92 - $211 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon