All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next doorthe lake house restaurantoutdoor poolmuskegon lakesliding glassbeautiful hotelwater viewoverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsopen hoursadjacent restaurantbeautiful roomking bedcontinental breakfastupon check
Reviewed September 10, 2010

When I arrived in Muskegon I called the hotel to make sure our room was ready, upon the phone call they told me that they did not have our reservation. I made the reservation online throught the Shoreline Inn website. I reserved a deluxe king suite and they had no record of it. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and they offered me a smaller room with a $20 discount. LAME if you ask me. The staff was NOT very kind and the hotel was soso. We ended up staying in the "Venetian Penthouse Suite," don't be fooled by the name. The room was small and there was nothing "penthouse" about it. I WILL not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shohmann
Reviewed August 27, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the Hotel. It was very very clean, alot of extra details in the room.We did have a problem with check in, they did not have our reservation for that day, they had us down for the next day but, they gave us a penthouse room which was very nice""Free of Charge". I agree the Desk clerks are not that overly friendly but they are not rude.The Hotel was packed.. We were there for the Unity Christian Festival. it was Awesome. We were told we could walk, that it was not going to be too far but, it was a little further than I would have liked..The Breakfast was excellent. Eventhough the hotel was packed they had alot of food and a very very nice selection. To be a continental breakfast they go above board. The pool was very clean and I did not see anything that did not look very very clean. Our room was huge. We had a fireplace, a full kitchen, a Jacuzzi and a bathroom with a shower and a balcony with a waterfront view. I would recommend this Hotel highly.The restaurant next door was awesome too and the prices were great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights in 2 rooms with double beds. We took our 4 grandchildren (ages 8-14) and another adult. We all had a wonderful stay. The rooms were very large, with a dining table and 2 chairs, and a nice large comfortable sofa. They have a full size fridge, with a sink, microwave, and lots of cabinet space. The rooms and bathrooms were all fresh and clean, with plenty of towels. The halls were very quiet, and we never heard any noise from outside our rooms. The view of the lake and marina were fantastic. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, a jacussi, and exercise room. They offer WIFI, and there are computers and printers available. They serve a great continental breakfast with coffee, juices, milk, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, breakfast burritos, all with a large array of condiments. We really loved the beautiful victorian old fashioned decor. We have stayed at lots of hotels and this was a refreshing change from all the newer hotels with all the same old brick, glass, stainless, flowery, boring cold look. The air conditioner did click on and off quite frequently, but we weren't bothered by it, and you can also open the terrace window for a nice breeze. What was really great was that one of our rooms was ready early so we were able to take our coolers and bags to the room, have lunch and rest before we headed to the MI Adventure Park. The hotel staff were all very kind and helpful. We highly recommend Shoreline Inn as a family place to stay. The Michigan Adventure package is well worth the price. We would definitely return and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights for our trip to Michigan's Adventure and Lake Michigan. The hotel itself is beautiful, right on the marina. I can understand the reviews of the front desk staff being, 'less than friendly'. While they were not rude, but not overly friendly either. Our room was HUGE and beautiful with a fridge, sink, dining table and TWO HUGE couches. Everything in the room seemed very plush and nice. The continental breakfast was nice. Well stocked and a decent variety, cold cereal, oatmeal, microwaveable breakfast burritos, several kinds of toast, bagels, danishes, yogurt, fruit, coffee, and juices.

One disappointment was the restaurant next door was closed for rennovation. So after a LONG day at Michigan's Adventure, we got to the hotel and were hungry. And there are no restaurants close by to grab some food. The front desk wasn't very helpful in finding a place to eat either. They acted like I was from Muskegon and were extremely vague. Finally after about 20 minutes of searchign I found a Burger King in not exacctly the best area about a mile away.

We needed a pack and play for our daughter and I asked about it and normally they charge $15 a night but gave it to us for 2 nights for free. So that was nice.

So I am not sure what these people who said their rooms were dirty and 70's looking were looking at, but our room was HUGE and beautiful! Despite the lack of friendliness at the front desk, we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We recently stayed at Shoreline Inn and had a wonderful stay. The staff members were very pleasant and very helpful when it came to our questions about the area and they even printed off maps for us. The hotel itself was very nice and comfortable. Decorated in a Victorian style, the rooms were very roomy and clean. Our room had a wonderful view of the lake from our balcony. The rooms also had full size refridgerators, microwave and small kitchen area. The bathroom was very spacious and the showers had excellent water pressure. There was an indoor pool with 2 hot tubs and also an outdoor pool just a short walk near the marina. The restaurant next door, "The Lakehouse" has wonderful food and just a nice place to have a drink and enjoy the lake. Prices were reasonable and the food was excellent!! The hotel offered a nice continental breakfast. The dining area was always packed with people, but they always seemed to have enough for everyone for breakfast. I think the only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that it is kind of away from any shopping areas and choice of restaurants, but it is only a short drive, maybe 5-10 minutes. All in all I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and I will definately return again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family