This is a huge and attractive building that can be seen from miles as you approach it. Kind of like the Tower of Terror sticks out at Disney for miles. I would agree with the other reviews about the weirdness of the building and crazy decor. The antiques were nice but all the weird photos looked like they may have eyes following you down the hall when you're not looking. The weird home interior style floral wreaths strewn about didn't really help the overall look of the place either. I also found the air conditioning too loud to sleep. The constant on and off of it was the problem, there were a few times I nearly jumped from how loud it was. We found it best to sleep with the lanai doors open to avoid this. The huge windows and lanai were the best part. We had a great view of the water and marina from the 8th floor. (You do have to look away from the gravel pit a bit) The sunsets both nights were beautiful. THere was no restaurant at the hotel, although the website advertised one it is now closed or something. Continental breakfast was fine. We had a hard time finding restaurants close though. We finally found a roof top restaurant called the tipsy toad that was nice to be outside and enjoy drinks and dinner. There was an indoor and outdoor pool which was nice. One night two ladies showed up with 12 kids.... yes twelve! Many were non swimmers and couldn't reach the bottom because they were so small. Come to find out they were not even hotel guests. There aunt worked there. Overall despite the very strange decor the room was nice and it was a great spot between beaches and michigan adventure. We would probably stay again at the right price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon
- Shoreline Hotel Muskegon
- Shoreline Hotel At Terrace Point