“Very nice hotel! Loved the views!!”

Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
“Very nice hotel! Loved the views!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here in July '11 and while the decor in certain parts of the hotel was a bit dated, it was still a lovely place to stay! We stayed in a corner king and the views from the balconies were AMAZING! If you plan on staying here, I HIGHLY recommend getting a corner room! The kids enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools, and walking along the walkway out to the pier. You could watch boats coming and going from the marina also. If we ever vacation in Muskegon, this will definitely be where we stay again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Although the staff was very nice and helpful, the decor was tacky and the room smelled funny. Location is good, you can see the lake and the harbor. The bed was comfortable enough. The breakfast was not worth stopping for, and it was free. The coffee was terrible and they didn't have any eggs not bacon or sausage.

• Stayed June 2013
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was less than thrilled when my wife told me we had to go to Muskegon as that was really not anywhere on my "places to see in the world" list. However, family is family so I went. While there is not much to do in Muskegon, this hotel ended up being a great find. The location is good for taking advantage of activities. If you have kids, you are right on the lake and next to a great park and a old boat that you can tour. Also, since the weather can be cold (38 degrees is not Memorial Day weather), it has an indoor heated pool as a nice touch. There is also an outdoor pool. While there is no real suite per se, the upper level floors had rooms that were two bed, but separated by a bathroom, so that it could function as a suite type accommodation. There is also a full size fridge in the room, which is good for stocking up on items at the store and not worrying about them going bad. There is also a free breakfast that has waffles, fruit and cereal. Really don't plan on having to be back in Muskegon, but if I am then I will stay here as the overall deal is too good.

Room Tip: Take the higher level rooms (floors 9 and 10) as those have the better view and are larger at not mu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mendon, IL
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Thee staff was great. The view of the Marina was wonderful. The room was well kept and clean. The beds were comfortable. We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice. The continental breakfast was average and had plenty of seating.

• Stayed June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Checked in on 5/18/13 for 2 nights & upon our arrival the young man at check in was polite but informed me that our "room with a water view" was unavailable, I told him I booked this room in Jan, four months earlier, & specifically booked this room because I could get a "view" room, he then left the desk & came back saying that there was a room available.

We had a lovely 3rd floor corner room complete with refrigerator, microwave, fireplace & king bed, ceiling to floor windows & a balcony that had a view of the marina, this room was beyond perfect.

The next day after some sightseeing, we came back to our room & found the A/C wasn't working, it was in the mid-80's that day. We called the front desk & quickly maintenance came & reset the unit. After 2 hours it was getting warmer in the room, called the desk again, maintenance came & said it would take a few hours to fix & asked if we would mind relocating to another room. The front desk apologized for the inconvenience & proceeded to move us to a penthouse suite. Beautiful room & stunning views on the 10th floor.

The breakfast they offer included the usual items, cereal, waffles, muffins, bagels, coffee, juices, typical items & the room was large & it was nice not to be crowed.
The pool & hot tub were nice to use at the end of the day (there were 2 hot tubs in the pool area). They were clean & there was also an exercise room and a game area.

Our over all impression of the Shoreline Inn was excellent. They cater to the customer 100% and it was nice to be treated as if our patronage mattered to them. A beautiful facility indeed & we will definitely stay again if ever in the Muskegon/Holland area.

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the marina, beautiful views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn Z
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love the look inside of this hotel so it pains to me to say that they are a mess! Had my wedding reception at the Lake House which was organized by the sales department of the ShoreLine. I might feel very differently if the sales manager had ever bothered to follow up with me. Guess she didn't because she realized all the mistake that they made both at the hotel and in the restaurant. Some of my family actually stayed at the Holiday Inn which was more expensive because the front desk couldn't manage to find the block of rooms we had reserved. Many reservations were not found at check in and if they were found, the name wasn't correct.
Also, really disappointed that I called about 7 times concerning leaving my charger in the room. I just kept getting transfered to Housing Keepings voicemail. They never called me back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lasco f
Demotte, Indiana
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour. It was amazing. The staff was fantastic and patient while hundreds of hot rodders checked in at the same time. The hotel itself if beautiful, very elegant, right on the water. Rooms overlook the harbor and boats. We stayed in June, but I think this place could be great any time of year. rooms are private and extremely well decorated...all looks very new. We only stayed one night, but would love to go back for a weekend.

Room Tip: I usually don't like to stay in upper floors, but the view from the upper rooms was so impressiv...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Comfort Inn Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 750 Terrace Point Rd, Muskegon, MI 49440-1100
Location: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Muskegon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Hotel Class:3 star — Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon