“Great Stay, Delightful Hotel”

Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
St. Paul, MN
“Great Stay, Delightful Hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Shoreline Inn is located right on the bay in Muskegon, not far from downtown or the nearby beaches. It is clean with fancy, sort of French provincial decor. The rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and nice views. Wifi and breakfast are free. There is a nice pool area and a waterfront restaurant adjacent to the hotel, in a marina.

I was really impressed by the comfort of the pillows - usually a big pet peeve of mine. The hotel is a member of Choice Hotels' Ascend Collection, but as usual with Choice Hotels, they did not recognize my Choice Privileges elite status with a better room or anything.

In summary, a very nice place in a nice location.

Room Tip: Upper floor with bay view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank blanker001
Islidem, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am especially glad you liked our new pillows. We are doing many upgrades to the hotel and it is nice when someone notices and comments about the small touches like new pillows. I also appreciate your comment about being upgraded for being a member of our points system...I think there may be an opportunity here for us! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was here on business/personal trip. I stayed here because of the views of the harbor.

December is not a really busy time here so had the pick of the reasonably priced room.

The room was of nice size with a small table, full sized refrigerator and coffee maker. It also had a nice gas fireplace.

The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The bathroom was spotless.

If in the area again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view. A south west view is a little nicer than a NW view.
1 Thank ajayhawkfan
Islidem, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for your suggestions to other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We especially like comments from business travelers like yourself. Many people view us as a resort and do not think about us as a business hotel. In the past three years we have upgraded our free wireless internet, incorporated a business center in our lobby, installed multiple copier/printers throughout the hotel and just this winter established a Club Level focused on the needs of the regular business traveler. Our Club Level features upgraded amenities in the rooms as well as access to the Club Lounge featuring 50" Hi Def TV, Multipurpose copier printer, private continental breakfast in the morning, complimentary beer and wine reception in the evening and space to meet colleagues or just relax. Hope to see you again soon.
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I recently booked a room for my daughters 7th birthday. My daughter invited one of her friends for a mani and pedi and a night at the Shorline Inn -another one of her friends showed up and we invited her to stay as well. We kept the people staying to my wife, myself and the three girls- we were supposed to be able to have 5 stay. We decided to have cake and open presents around 6pm. My mother, father in law and an aunt showed up to wish her Happy Birthday. Shortly after they arrived the phone rang and it was the front desk stating "you are having a birthday party and have too many people in your room" She said the manager said they can either "refund my money and we can go to another motel or kick some people out of the room" Everyone there was in their 40's and 50.s other than my daughter and her friends. I guess middle aged grand parents are too wild - especially around 6:30 in the evening on a Thursday. I told them I would have some people leave- even though I thought they were being ridiculous. A short time later they sent someone up to make sure we have gotten rid of the three extra people. There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to have a couple of people stop by the room you've rented as long as they aren't causing trouble or spending the night. This in a newer motel with an antique decor and attitudes to match. My sister in law told me that a friend of theirs also had trouble with the motel when they stayed for the Irish festival. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it to anyone else. Muskegon nor the businesses located here cannot afford to be scaring business away. It's already a ghost town. What ever happened to the customer being right.

Room Tip: Stay down the road
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Jeff A
Cedar Springs
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Magnificent surroundings if you like French Provincial. We were able to upgrade to a corner room, even in the winter the views are wonderful. We left the curtains open and enjoyed the experience of water and view. Walked next door to lake House. Be sure to make reservations as this place is popular too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marjorie G
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Overlooks a harbor marina. A high rise hotel with lots of great views. Warm welcome atmospher. Rooms small but elegantly furnished. The grill next door one of the most romantic spots in town. I absolutely love the hotel, the common room and fireplace and the location. A warm place in cold winters.

Room Tip: Try to o er look the lake and Marina
2 Thank Acieu A
New York, NY
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The overall style is "faux Victorian" but its come off tacky. My room was absolutely HUGE so the furniture was huge and spaced out - I thik it just came off creepy being in that big empty space by myself. Also, the room was very dark (even with every light turned on) and I had trouble finding outlets to plug in my electronics. The carpet was "crunchy" next to the bed...it felt like there was an accident or stain that room service tried to clean up and either left remnants or the cleaning material (I honestly don't want to think about it). Breakfast was okay - fruit, yogurt, breads, cererals but all discount brand.

The restaurant is GREAT. Really tasty food and nice atmosphere.

2 Thank nyu05
Islidem, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage all of our guests to use this forum as it helps us know more about what our guest want and expect, and enables us to respond better to those desires. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay in Muskegon and thank you for choosing the Shoreline Inn. I am afraid you were caught in the middle of our upgrades to the sleeping rooms. We are in the process of adding new lighting and electrically connected desk to all of our rooms and putting new carpet in all the rooms as well. That certainly does not excuse leaving debris or an unpleasant cleaning residue on your carpet and I have my housekeeping department finding and fixing that now. If you are ever back in the Muskegon area, I hope you will give us another chance and please ask for the GM, I would love to meet you personally. Thank You
Thompsonville, Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Couldn't ask for a more breathtaking room very pleased!! Unique decor very clean. restaurant next door great for sunset dining. wine and chocolates (extra $) was very nice and local products used a plus. We will return.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view no matter the city lights are very nice as well.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CorrinaKBass
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Weathervane Inn
Weathervane Inn
#1 of 2 in Montague

Been to Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 750 Terrace Point Rd, Muskegon, MI 49440-1100
Location: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Muskegon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Hotel Class:3 star — Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon