All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next doorthe lake house restaurantoutdoor poolmuskegon lakesliding glassbeautiful hotelwater viewoverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsopen hoursadjacent restaurantbeautiful roomking bedcontinental breakfastupon check
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I recently booked a room for my daughters 7th birthday. My daughter invited one of her friends for a mani and pedi and a night at the Shorline Inn -another one of her friends showed up and we invited her to stay as well. We kept the people staying to my wife, myself and the three girls- we were supposed to be able to have 5 stay. We decided to have cake and open presents around 6pm. My mother, father in law and an aunt showed up to wish her Happy Birthday. Shortly after they arrived the phone rang and it was the front desk stating "you are having a birthday party and have too many people in your room" She said the manager said they can either "refund my money and we can go to another motel or kick some people out of the room" Everyone there was in their 40's and 50.s other than my daughter and her friends. I guess middle aged grand parents are too wild - especially around 6:30 in the evening on a Thursday. I told them I would have some people leave- even though I thought they were being ridiculous. A short time later they sent someone up to make sure we have gotten rid of the three extra people. There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to have a couple of people stop by the room you've rented as long as they aren't causing trouble or spending the night. This in a newer motel with an antique decor and attitudes to match. My sister in law told me that a friend of theirs also had trouble with the motel when they stayed for the Irish festival. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it to anyone else. Muskegon nor the businesses located here cannot afford to be scaring business away. It's already a ghost town. What ever happened to the customer being right.

Room Tip: Stay down the road
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Magnificent surroundings if you like French Provincial. We were able to upgrade to a corner room, even in the winter the views are wonderful. We left the curtains open and enjoyed the experience of water and view. Walked next door to lake House. Be sure to make reservations as this place is popular too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marjorie G
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Overlooks a harbor marina. A high rise hotel with lots of great views. Warm welcome atmospher. Rooms small but elegantly furnished. The grill next door one of the most romantic spots in town. I absolutely love the hotel, the common room and fireplace and the location. A warm place in cold winters.

Room Tip: Try to o er look the lake and Marina
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Acieu A
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The overall style is "faux Victorian" but its come off tacky. My room was absolutely HUGE so the furniture was huge and spaced out - I thik it just came off creepy being in that big empty space by myself. Also, the room was very dark (even with every light turned on) and I had trouble finding outlets to plug in my electronics. The carpet was "crunchy" next to the bed...it felt like there was an accident or stain that room service tried to clean up and either left remnants or the cleaning material (I honestly don't want to think about it). Breakfast was okay - fruit, yogurt, breads, cererals but all discount brand.

The restaurant is GREAT. Really tasty food and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank nyu05
Islidem, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage all of our guests to use this forum as it helps us know more about what our guest want and expect, and enables us to respond better to those desires. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay in Muskegon and thank you for choosing the Shoreline Inn. I am afraid you were caught in the middle of our upgrades to the sleeping rooms. We are in the process of adding new lighting and electrically connected desk to all of our rooms and putting new carpet in all the rooms as well. That certainly does not excuse leaving debris or an unpleasant cleaning residue on your carpet and I have my housekeeping department finding and fixing that now. If you are ever back in the Muskegon area, I hope you will give us another chance and please ask for the GM, I would love to meet you personally. Thank You

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Couldn't ask for a more breathtaking room very pleased!! Unique decor very clean. restaurant next door great for sunset dining. wine and chocolates (extra $) was very nice and local products used a plus. We will return.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view no matter the city lights are very nice as well.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple