All reviews corner room full size fridge restaurant next door the lake house restaurant outdoor pool muskegon lake sliding glass beautiful hotel water view overlooking the marina floor to ceiling windows open hours adjacent restaurant beautiful room king bed continental breakfast upon check
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The room was lovely. The location, very scenic. So why not a 5 star? Not really sure, but I have to blame the pool and breakfast.
The indoor pool CLEARLY had "no glass in pool areas" and "no food or drink" signs posted. So explain, please, the extended family of 12 or so who had a huge cooler filled with bottles of beer, several pizzas, and snacks...eating IN a hot tub...? It had become quite overcast, so maybe they moved a picnic indoors, but several (very young, probably summer hire) employees walked through the area and saId nothing. This same group punctuated dinner with cannonballs into the rather small pool. Just not what I enjoyed. In fact, we went down at dinner time hoping the pool would be relatively empty. May have been if they hadn't brought dinner IN!
Also, what was that weird 6"thick foam in the 2nd hot tub? Just asking...
And, breakfast. Our mistake. It runs from 6AM to 10AM and we waited til 9:30. The spread was generous, including awesome do it yourself waffles that produced perfect Belgians in 2 minutes. Yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, pastries, cereal...what's not to like? Well, it was EXTREMELY crowded. Many, many small kids darting unsupervised around the buffets. Call me spoiled but I'm accustomed to a few scattered business people quietly sipping coffee and reading their paper. This was bedlam. Be forewarned and go out for breakfast if you want peace and quiet.
So yes, we loved the hotel. Are you a grown up? Go midweek after school starts again. Families, this seems to be a no holds barred oasis with plenty to keep the brood happy

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam T
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It's like stepping back in time with all the modern conviences..rooms are beautiful..price is right..marinia right there if your a boat person..the restraunt right there is well priced and the food is great, you can sit outside and enjoy the great view or inside. The staff at this hotel is excellant and the breakfast is very well done...theres an outside & inside pool all well maintained..this is a wonderful place at a great value. close for the morning ferry also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff was so nice and helpful. The price is right. the Marina its right there with an awesome restaurant right next door.the room was very large and space was not an issue for the 5 people staying which 3 were kids.the only place I'll recommend too stay when in muskegon.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Indulging my husband's passion for roller coasters on his birthday, we spent it at Michigan's Adventure and stayed the night at Shoreline Inn. What a wonderful facility! Multi-story hotel overlooking Muskegon Lake and Terrace Point Marina, an oasis in an otherwise industrial area.
The staff was helpful and courteous, the 24 hour convenience pantry well stocked with competitively priced beverages and snack items. Our second floor room was a very nice suite with kitchenette (full size fridge), two flat screens and a French balcony (from which I accidentally dropped my cell phone but that's another story-the phone survived) overlooking the lake and marina. The complimentary continental breakfast of usual fare (cold/hot cereal, muffins, bagels, pastries, hot waffles, juice etc) is available in a large windowed room with many tables additional bistro tables in the lobby. All in all a great place to stay, close to beaches, museums and all Muskegon offers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in a corner water-view room with a fireplace and hot tub! Views were amazing, staff was friendly and helpful, and overall, this hotel was a great value. One thing, however, almost ruined our entire stay....... SPIDERS! By dusk each night, our balcony and two French balconies were completely covered with spiders! I am not exaggerating when I say HUNDREDS of them. Climbing, walking, feeding, spinning webs. After our first evening, we couldnt even open any of the sliding doors, let alone go outside to sit on the balcony. I remained anxious and creeped out for the rest of our stay. It was horrifying and like something out of a nightmare! We even spoke with a cleaning lady who told us that spiders are a problem (and she even showed us bites she had on her neck from being ordered to swipe them down off of a balcony w a broom!!!!). We were in room 906. If you don't like spiders, don't open the sliding doors, or simply don't stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012