All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next doorthe lake house restaurantoutdoor poolmuskegon lakesliding glassbeautiful hotelwater viewoverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsopen hoursadjacent restaurantbeautiful roomking bedcontinental breakfastupon check
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and I took our kids to Michigan Adventure and didn't want to drive 3 hrs back to the Detroit area. I live outside of New Orleans but grew up in Michigan. Thanks to the reviewers on tripadvisor, I found this gem of a hotel. If it had a contemporary vibe, it would be considered a boutique hotel. But its traditional furnishings brought a lot of warmth and character to an otherwise kind of blah area of Michigan.

It overlooks Lake Muskegon, specifically its beautiful harbor with many boats. Our hotel was a corner unit and had windows all the way around that faced the harbor.

Right next door is the hotel's restaurant, a lovely little place right on the harbor. It was a nice night so we sat outside and watched the sun set. Eventually, a guitar player came and provided live music. I would've loved to linger there longer, but we had the kids and they were anxious to go to the hotel's indoor pool.

I have 3 kids (teens), 2 girls and a boy, and the room was very large. Had a sofa bed, a king bed, and they brought a rollaway bed for my son, who wouldn't be caught dead sharing any kind of sleeping arrangements with his sister(s). The room had a mirowave and full-size refrigerator which struck me as odd, but we did put our dinner leftovers in there. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was on the small side, but we made do.

All in all, a great place to stay and I would've stayed another night if I could!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My parents stayed at the shoreline Inn this weekend. They usually stay at high caliber hotels when they travel and when they walked into their room, they were very impressed. They were booked in a regular room but must have been upgraded to a room on the top floor overlooking the marina. We are marina members and the convenience of them being right there was great! Clean room, large bathroom/shower. Full kitchenette. Another couple we know stayed the next night. Same clean room but on the second floor. The air conditioner in their room was very loud but when they talked to the front desk, they were credited some money back with no questions asked. They will also be back. All in all, a very nice weekend spent with friends and family in a great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at this motel after being at Michigan's Adventure. The shower was awesome! We had a double Queen room with a pull out sleeper sofa. I booked thru hotwire and got a good rate. I was a bit skeptical to begin with as I normally stay at a different chain of motels. The beds were a little squeeky, but were clean. AC was a little bit loud. We had a room facing East, which was a bit industrial. However, we could see the restaurant next door and hear the music with the sliding doors open. We did eat at the Lake house, which if you look at the picture it doesn't look like much, but the food was wonderful, right next to the harbor. The motel offers a free breakfast that had the normal waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal and juices. The room had a kitchenette which we did not use. If you want a chain restaurant you'll have to drive a bit.

Room Tip: rooms on the west or north side would be better for sunset views. Rooms on the east don't have a great view.
1  Thank motherhen317
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place advertises that it's on the water and it is but theirs no beach; just a small pool (indoors and out). The place is run by teenagers so the service is really bad. The rooms are big and it is next to a great restaurant. I would keep looking for other hotels if I were you.

2  Thank meandminewtx
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Located right on the Harbor outside of the downtown area the hotel's location was great. The hotel was decorated very nice, they have a great room off the lobby for guests to use their computers or to just chill. The free breakfast was good with waffles, bagels, etc. The indoor pool is very small, but they have 2 hot tubs. The room was nice with a little kichen area. The patio area was very nice with great hooded chairs for you to just relax and watch the water.