All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next doorthe lake house restaurantoutdoor poolmuskegon lakesliding glassbeautiful hotelwater viewoverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsopen hoursadjacent restaurantbeautiful roomking bedcontinental breakfastupon check
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at Shoreline Inn for our family vacation last July. The room was immaculate and had great view of the bay and marina. The kids loved being able to get into the indoor pool late in the evening. Very nice place to stay. Staff was very friendly. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nhackler
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreline in in December and had a wonderful time. The staff and service were top notch, everyone was eager to make our stay even better. The pool and hot tubs (2) were very warm and there is even a fireplace in the pool area! The room we stayed in was a parlor and it was very spacious - perfect for young ones to sleep in their "own room." The views of the lake were nice and it appears to be even more to do in the summer with the marina and outdoor pool nearby. The mini-kitchen was very convenient, and the continental breakfast was decent with a large selection of cold and toaster options. Hotel is a short walk from downtown and the arena. We will stay again.

Room Tip: The parlor room was very spacious and created a decent amount of privacy between rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dwrig
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreline Inn for their New Year's Eve special with the children. The indoor pool stayed open late and the hotel set up a movie room for the kids.

Our double queen room was very spacious and included a full size refrigerator and microwave.

The hotel was nicely decorated with real and faux antiques. It is a fairly new hotel with all the modern conveniences but had a classic feel of an old hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cberry135
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Since I love Victorians, this hotel appealed to me. Although it's not old, it has unique pieces inside, that give it the old charming look with the convenience of modern day ammenities like computers. The rooms were comfortable & being a swimmer, I liked that there was both an indoor & outdoor pool. Being right by the water with boats docked, gave it that yacht club feel. The food in the restaurant was absolutely delicious! They offer both indoor & outdoor seating, as well as live music. The location is perfect for visiting the other quaint beach towns on Michigan's West coast such as South Haven, Saugatuck, & Whitehall. There are beaches nearby, parks, lighthouses, sunsets, tourist places, & even a secret garden very close to the Inn! I'd definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank waterbaby266
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreline Inn for 4 nights in December, and it was probably one of the best surprises of my traveling life - I've been to almost 50 countries, have stayed at hundreds of hotels... and I'm not kidding when I say that I loved this hotel.

We stayed in a suite on the 10th floor, room 1001, and it was fantastic - large, amazing bed quality and linen quality, and had two TVs. They weren't flat screens, but I didn't even care... although they could probably replace them soon for $300 each now that they're getting so affordable.

The view was incredible, even in December. The amenities were spot-on. The service was great, everyone was always friendly and engaging. They had everything a 4 and 5 star resort would have, and more, at even more attractive prices.

My suggestions for them: don't change much... perhaps get Keurig coffee machines instead of the old coffee-makers; install wall mount shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispensers like you see in high end spas or W Hotels or Aloft Hotels; and that's about it - otherwise I was so pleased with this place that I talk to everyone about it. It made our visit to Muskegon even better... a hotel can change your mind about a city... here I was, visiting from Phoenix (best weather ever) and I was thinking "I could live here"... yes, I could live in Michigan, in December, if everything there was as nice as this hotel!

My biggest suggestion: they should just rename the hotel the "Terrace Point Resort" and shoot for a AAA 4-diamond rating. They have it all: a marina, pool, spa, game room, sundries shop, restaurant, lakeside, great views, incredible service, etc., etc... this isn't an "inn", it's really a "resort". Trust me, you won't be disappointed... oh yeah, and you won't be overcharged for everything every time you sneeze like you would be up the coast.... and there's no pretentious people here!

Thanks again for an incredible stay!

Room Tip: Pay the extra couple of bucks for a suite... it's worth it. The views are amazing, so request a lake view and a higher floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family