Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had no idea what to expect coming to the Shoreline Inn for the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour. The staff at check-in and check out was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and very comfortable with nice amenities (full-size refridgerator). The wrought iron headboard was a little uncomfortable to lean back against, but we just slept there. The lobby/parlor area was really unique and nice. Great area to talk and meet people. The view was fantastic and the Lake House Restaurant was fun. The breakfast wasn't my favorite and leaves some room for improvement. My idea of hot breakfast items were not microwave burritos. Definitely would recommend a stay here! Just to give you an idea of where I usually stay... HI Expresses and Hamptons... I was pleased here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sonnie B
There are newer reviews for Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed August 16, 2011

If only the management would pay a little more attention to cleanliness. The carpet in our room was in need of cleaning-spill spots. The computer keyboard in the business center had some type of bacteria growing on it. Even though it was a weekend, we were able to close our door and sleep-in spite if the loud noises from the restaurant next door. The hotel is in a great location!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was a little hesitant to stay here as a few few years ago I visited the place and was overcome with a foul, stale cigarette odor. This was not the case this time. My wife & I along with our daugther & her husband stayed four nights in a Palor King Room which features a queen & a king sized bed separated by a bathroom and I short hallway. The beds were comfortable, the bedding was okay, but the pillows were flat. I'll bring my own pillow next time I come. The view of the harbor was wonderful and sunsets were beautiful. One plus was a full sized refrigerator. The rooms were very quiet, even though we were right off the elevators, we never heard any of our neighbors. The rooms are filled with antiques as it the entire hotel. The two tv's were fine, not high definition though. The A/C was fine and quiet. The bathroom exhaust fan was really quiet, so much so, I wonder if it was working. It got pretty steamy, but it wasn't a terrible inconvenience.

Breakfast was okay, but nothing to get up early for; mostly a continental style with bagles, toast, some pastries, cereal, some fruit and a prepackaged breakfast burrito or instant oatmeal. If you really want a good breakfast, go to Toast n Jams a few miles south of the hotel on Henry Street, it's worth the drive.

The indoor pool was crowed and a bit small, the two hot tubs were very, very hot. We didn't go the larger and much less crowded outdoor pool due to our time restraints, but it looked nice from the sixth floor. The service was friendly and fast. Be advised that there are only two elevators for the entire hotel and this can make getting a ride down to check out a little long. On the bright side, it's a way to meet the neighbors you couldn't hear the night before. The elevators are fairly quick, except when everyone is checking out at the same time.

We are already planning to go back next year as it's only about a ten minute walk to Hertage Landing--the site of Unity Fest and many other events in Muskegon.

Room Tip: Check out their website to see all the room options.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bscottyg
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was skeptical at first since this is not a chain hotel with a reputation to uphold, but I thought our experience exceeded expectations. It's not perfect as other reviewers allude to, but our room was clean, spacious and had a very comfortable king size bed. The super thick carpet was a little odd, but it was clean. Not having a closet door was a little odd too, but didn't detract from the overall experience. Biggest complaint are the ancient, concave televisions. This must be the last full-service hotel in America that hasn't made the switch to flat screens yet, although they adorn the main floor hallway and breakfast room. No worries - having drinks at the marina next door while the sun goes down erases the slight imperfections of this somewhat quirky hotel. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in Muskegon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is nice, but for the price (high) I expected more. The room we stayed in needs updating: warn capreting, out dated shower, thin towels. Not a very lush/plush place. The do provide a continental breakfast but was diappointed at the quality. Nothing really healthy to eat: frozen breakfast burrito, no name mini donuts, no name yogurt which was not very good. It was great that there is both an inside and outside pool. The inside pool needed cleaning. The pool area needs attention/cleaning. If we are in the area again I'd probably look elsewhere first before coming back here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

At first glance on the web site and in person, this hotel strikes you as very impressive, including the fact that each room has a full size fridge, microwave and kitchenette. However once you get to your room, it is another story. From our very small closet size single queen room, to the squeaky box spring, to the paper thin walls, to the lukewarm shower, to the home depot shower stall and vanity, and kitchenette cabinets, to the smelly breakfast room with fans running, I think, because of water damage/wet carpet...The single best word to describe it is cheap. It's sad, because it has potential! It over looks the bay, mostly the marina, but is surrounded by industrial business. One positive comment, the staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in a corner suite with 2 adults and 2 children. The room had an incredible view and was large and comfortable. A few problems exist, but aren't deal-breakers. One is that the hotel is furnished in a way that is quite visually 'lavish' or what I would call 'faux Victorian fussy.' The issue is that all the finishes are super cheap and flimsy. Everything feels like it came from the Clearance aisle in the homegoods section at TJ Maxx.
Our room was huge, yet the bathroom was tiny -- I mean TINY. Also, the closet was in the bathroom, so if someone needed something from the closet they couldn't get it if someones else was in the bathroom. The shower was difficult to get in and out and the ceiling was low. It felt like being (what I would imagine) in an RV bathroom. There was only 1 small towel rack (for a hotel a few miles from the BEACH) and it fell off the wall within 2 minutes of our arrival. The room had super thick carpet but it was NOT vacuumed properly and there were dust bunnies all along the edges which creeped me out. I had them re-vacuum which helped. There was a funny little pinwheel toy stuck into the top of a decorative mirror from the previous guests, which the maid forgot to take away, even when we reminded the front desk about it.
The front desk ladies were polite and helpful, but they all kept chirping 'No problem' to everything we said. I mean everything we said! Many hotel chains DO NOT ALLOW the 'no problem' reply, as it comes across as rude and dismissive. Finally I said "I don't need to be reassured that my simple request isn't a problem for you."
There is a nice restaurant in the marina, with beautiful outdoor seating.
The hotel is nice, but not a top-notch property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Comfort Inn Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
#9 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 750 Terrace Point Rd, Muskegon, MI 49440-1100
Location: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Muskegon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Price Range: $92 - $209 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon