Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
$114
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
$65
$60
  • Pool
All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next dooroutdoor poolsliding glassmuskegon lakewater viewbeautiful hoteloverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsmini kitchenadjacent restaurantdowntown areaupon checknice restaurantcontinental breakfastmichigan adventure
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We have traveled the Eastern,Western & Southern Carribean. 13 of the Hawiiaan Islands, and stayed in many States. We enjoyed this hotel most of all. The ambiance & furniture were delightful & lush. Every one of the staff went above & beyond to make our stay a delightful one.
Our rooms were sparkling clean with everything functioning The fireplace added a wonderful glow to our elegantly decorated room. The view was panoramic & spectacular!
Our spacious room had a whirlpool & dining area if we so choose. The whole room had balconies & large windows, with a very comfortable king size bed. The view of the lake was breathtaking.
We ate at The Lakehouse Our sandwiches were served with excellent care. I liked the appealing look of the way the food was presented & tasted. Heads were turned as my husband's Red Velvet Cake was served, Everyone should try it,he even let me have a couple of bites! All in all, we loved the lush Victorian setting of the hotel on the lake. It's new owner deserves a lot of credit for its splendid refurbishment! The sunset was great
magnificent! We'll thank God for that!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STARGAZER86
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We only had conversations with the front desk and staff was helpful. Our room, which was a corner facing the marina and restaurant, was lovely. Our stay was not in the tourist season so I can't say how close in proximity it was located to local events and if the hotel would have been convenient for summer events. Truthfully, the town seemed to be closed up for the season. We were there for both business and pleasure and our visit was short. If we were to visit Muskegon again, I would certainly consider staying at the Shoreline Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I arrived in Muskegon and drove thru some pretty sketchy parts of town to get to the Shoreline Inn, but once I arrived it was such a pleasant experience, from the check in, to dry cleaning and reccomendations for food and leisure; the desk people were so very helpful with everything! The room had a very scenic view of the Lake ('Bay' as I was later informed); spotlessley clean, a full sized fridge, a very large bathroom and shower, and daily free breakfast layout. On other trips I was in what was classified as 'Luxury' rooms that were not nearly as furnished as this one was. The only drawback was the location in the city of Muskegon, it was quite a distance away from shopping or other restaurants, apart from the Lake House which is very good as well.

To sum it up, if my travels require me to return to Muskegon; I'd make it a prerequisite that travel arrangements be made at the Shoreline Inn!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I went to this hotel for a romantic getaway with my Fiance'. 1st off you can not check in till 4 p.m... NO EXCEPTIONS! so we were stranded for the afternoon. The staff are VERY RUDE! they act like we are bothering them just to complain that the bed was ungodly squeaky. our phone didn't work, and before I could finish my complaints the staff shooed me and waited on some one else... then came back after ten minutes of waiting and told me matinees would come up and they would make it right... this guy comes up twice and was the only nice employee there. He should aply for a management position there! We are soaking in the not so big tub when the front desk called to tell us to stop smoking outside...??? um.... WHAT? We thought that something was wrong when the phone rang... only one person knew where we were and they would only have called in an emergency.... no, it was just the staff freaking out about another room smoking.... whatever... the room was never cleaned in the two day stay, the tv is VERY DATED and SMALL! the breakfast is a joke... frozen breakfast burritos... yum yum.... we had to give them 50.00 cash as a deposit in case we reck the room... than we had to wait for 10 minutes for a maid to approve our money refund... when I tried to complain about everything at check out all I got was rudeness with teenage attitude! this place could be so much more if they had some serious training... would love to hear from owners....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank briankristen
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We came to muskegon to visit family before the holidays and I must say it turned out to be so much more then just a weekend with the family it became almost a second honeymoon for me and my husband!! First thing you notice is the beautiful location( I cant wait to see it in the summer and really enjoy that lake view!), We booked a room online and we came to the desk to check in we were greeted immediately with a warm welcome and treated beyond expectations. The girl who checked us in even made a point to offer us a courtesy upgrade! She moved us to a jacuzzi room with a fireplace and a view definitely not what we booked we couldnt be more surprised, I even made a point to mention her name to a friend of mine when she mentioned calling and booking a room due to my raves about the hotel (her name is rebecca). The entire staff was pleasant and always helpful, the breakfast was much bigger then expected and we even stayed an extra night then planned to try the restuarant and it was fabolous! I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a beautiful getaway or just a great weekend in muskegon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple