“Excellent establishment!” 5 of 5 bubbles

CF Prime
Ranked #48 of 215 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Whitehall, Michigan
“Excellent establishment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

We had excellent service and food. Everything was great. The service couldn't be better. It was a special day, and we were not disappointed. This is an upscale restaurant, thus the prices, but we knew this going in. It was worth it. The price is comparable to other restaurants with this type of food/menu. Not the service! Our waiter, Brian, was excellent! Kudos to them! We will be back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

MUSKEGON
“Excellent Resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Probably the best upscale resturant in Muskegon. Excellent servive. Excellent food. The steak can be cut with a fork! Romantic & quiet. I love eating here....kinda pricey though...the only draw-back...you get what you pay for.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Muskegon
“Prime? Think not!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I went with my wife to C F Prime's on my wife's birthday - January 30th, 2010. The service was good but but the food was just awful. We ordered the mushroom pot for the appetizer and the garlic was so over powering that you couldn't even taste the mushrooms or cognac sauce. The garlic was just chopped up and put in raw...and maybe three times the amount that was necessary. And then the steaks...my wife ordered the 10 ounce prime rib for $20 that was so tough it could barely be eaten. We have had much better prime rib cooking it at home. Mountain Jack's prime rib would put them to shame. I ordered the special of the night which was the Cowboy steak...big mistake. There was so much grizzle it couldn't be eaten so I sent it back and ordered the Delmonico. Again, it had a great deal of grizzle and silver skin...but even worse it looked gray... no carmelization or grill marks. We were most disappointed. Even small things were not correct...no silverware by my place setting...the lighting was much too bright for an intimate experience and the dining room was noisy. The waitress did take the appetizer and my steak off the bill and now we are trying to decide whether we should go back and give them another try. Maybe it was just a horrible shipment of beef. I have heard one review that rated it just below Ruth Chris's Steakhouse....not from what I experienced....save your money go to Tony's or even Outback in Grand Rapids...it has better steak and it is better prepared for almost half the price. What a shame Muskegon can not get a decent restaurant. CF Prime was a bitter disappointment...I can still taste the garlic!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MuskegonBill
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent food and service. I don't really care for steak and I still enjoyed the food. Expensive, sometimes you can...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

Excellent food and service. I don't really care for steak and I still enjoyed the food. Expensive, sometimes you can get $50 gift cards for $25 online.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Probably my favorite restaurant in West Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008