“Culinary excellence in Kaysersberg”
Review of Le Moreote

Le Moreote
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Kaysersberg
Cuisines: Diner, French, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This intimate restaurant provides a superb culinary experience, well executed and presented food from local producers, service friendly and very attentive, small but well considered wine list, this is a real treasure in the heart of Kaysersburg. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Alex B

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great little town to visit in Alsace area. The restaurant is a short walk from anywhere in Kaysersberg . We all had exceptional meals. My wife went her usual fish route, kids went duck and I travelled down my usual lamb route. Everything was excellent: Food, local wine list and service were all top notch. Intimate and cozy setting make this a must.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been dinning at Le Moréote in Kaysersberg twice this year and both dinners have been amazing. Catherine and her husband are doing a great work. On our second visit, we booked the whole restaurant for 20 people (mostly Australians) who gave us great feedback.
Booking is essential and food is served fresh and in season. The wines served are always local wines with great quality. A real treat if you are driving along the famous Alsace Wine Route.

gourmande p, Propriétaire at Le Moreote, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you sir! it was a real pleasure to receive you in our restaurant!
Sea you soon,you will be always welcome!
Merry christmas and happy new year 2013 !

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was out last night and we were all asked to dress up in Alsacen costumes, so we dutifully ordered them and a group of us paraded down the main street feeling a little self conscious to begin with but gradually got into the spirit of it all. the food and music were teriffic

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was the best meal we had in France, beating out all Paris restaurants! Catherine runs the restaurant with her husband, the chef. One never sees him - he is very busy in the kitchen. Catherine will happily guide you through the menu and selection of local wines. You will not be disappointed. Our party of 3 included my husband, daughter, and me. My husband had a fantastic combination of veal and tenderloin and my daughter and I both went with the delicious pan sauteed turbot. The delicate sauces were to die for; the intermezzo of chef's creation of a delicate, cream truffle coupled with a homemade tomato juice was incredible. Dessert was very special. My husband had a crepe with vanilla sauce/raspberries and my daughter and I shared the soft, chocolate souflee creation. Perfection.