“Breathtaking views, wonderful food, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of WearActive

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Island of Vis
WearActive
Ranked #2 of 11 Island of Vis B&B and Inns
Budapest, Hungary
“Breathtaking views, wonderful food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Vis is a beautiful idyllic island that was only enhanced by Craig and Xania, who were warm and more than helpful with trips and tips about the island. Activities were planned for everyday. I could not help but relax and enjoy the surroundings. I cannot say this was a once in a lifetime experience because I know that I want to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jean F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winchester, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Definitely one of the best holidays we have had. It was a holiday experience pushing all the buttons with lots to do and lots of other time busy doing nothing in comfort. Craig and Xania run a lovely modernised but traditional house with clean and comfortably rooms, drinks available all the time, lovely breakfasts and excellent cooking for some lunches and dinners. Vis far exceeded our expectations - quiet and not too developed, but also convenient and very friendly. So many highlights but they included paddling kayaks under beautiful cliffs and into hidden caves. lots of sea bathing, walking through unspoilt woods and maquis (flowering myrtle and scented clematis) and strolling through narrow old streets of the two small towns. Lots of time to read and sleep too. The dining out places were very good value, especially the vineyard restaurant for slow roasted meat and fish washed down with local wines. The whole holiday was excellent value, we got on great with the other guests sharing jokes and experiences, and Craig and Xania made sure we got all around Vis wherever we wanted. Finally a word for Croatia - never been there before: we had two days in Split on the way to Vis - it was so friendly, excellent value all round and English spoken so well and so widely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Well, this was not the first time I had holidayed on my own and it will not be the last! My intention was to join a group and have an active but relaxing holiday. It was unfortunate that the group evaporated before I got to Vis. Please note that they could not possibly have cancelled because they heard I was coming!!! However, I soon found that there were advantages in having Craig and Xania's full attention in helping me to enjoy my holiday to the full. As I'm 60 but reasonably fit for my age, I had been concerned that I might be with a group of much fitter people and would hold them back. Of course that did not happen. Craig and Xania made sure that I was challenged, but just within my comfort zone. I enjoyed sea kayaking for the first time (3 trips) and will certainly do that again. Xania and I went for a good long hike and Craig helped me to learn how to use the bike's gears correctly, for which I was very grateful. Xania's cooking is excellent so I much enjoyed tasty meals with the two of them. Social life was also improved because the Nomads cricket team from the UK were visiting Vis and we went out with them on a few occasions. When I was on my own I had the opportunity to explore and swim in quiet little bays, often being the only person there. A wonderful holiday and certainly no complaints! Many thanks to the two of you.
PS: It was a shame that the two or three bars/restaurants in Rukavac don't open until June. Maybe that will change,

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be as good as mine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My week on Vis was just superb. Craig and Xania have created a calm and tranquil atmosphere in their beautiful home where I could not help but feel relaxed. The shared guest space is comfortable, clean and very stylish. The view from the balcony is beautiful. Xania's AMAZING food is healthy, tasty and spot on fuel for the holidays exertions. There is also a well stocked bookshelf if you are travelling light. The rooms are spotless and the window shutters create total darkness which for me ensured some quality nights sleep!

I have done a lot of independent travelling and was slightly concerned about a holiday with 'organised group activities' as I wasn't sure how it would work with a group who did not previously know each other. However I need not have worried as Craig and Xania are clearly experienced at planning the days so that everyone gets what they want and can also challenge themselves!!

I found Craig and Xania really knowledgable in terms of the activities they offer. I was a bit nervous about off road mountain biking BUT Craig's tips on riding position and how to handle the bike were really helpful. I was able to do much more downhill than I anticipated with his guidance and encouragement.

I also started to learn how to 'slackline' which was unexpected and funny.

The activities, be them kayaking, mountain biking or hiking, were made all the more pleasurable knowing that when I decided to return 'home' there was a brew and a slice of Xania's home made cake waiting for me.

Then there was wine, beer, SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD and laughs a plenty in the evening.

What a treat of a holiday, I will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

From start to finish we had a fantastic family holiday and we would recommend Wearactive to anybody, regardless of age or levels of fitness.

We travelled with a two year old and were a little concerned that we wouldn't be able to participate in all the activities available. We needn't have worried! Not only were we all able to go sea kayaking and biking but we also felt that Craig & Xania pitched the activities at just the the right level so that we gained maximum enjoyment from everyday. The equipment is of the highest standard and there is all the necessary safety features that you require. The activities mainly took place in the morning leaving plenty of time for relaxation and doing your own thing.

The accommodation is stylish, clean and spacious with excellent en-suite facilities. A travel cot was provided and there are bunk beds for older children. A good range of books and games are also provided. Xania's cooking is just great and a real revelation for those not used to vegetarian dishes and the hospitality is nothing short of exceptional.

The island of Vis is beautiful and the location of the Wearactive is ideal. There are easily accessible beaches within 400 yards that provide safe bathing. Even in May, we found the sea to be of a comfortable temperature for swimming and snorkeling.

If you are thinking of a holiday with Wearactive, think no more. just do it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Unteräegeri, Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We arrived on Vis after an adventurous drive down from Switzerland. Feeling somewhat frazzled upon arrival we immediately felt relaxed by the view and the courtyard of Craig & Xania's place.

The kids were able to take themselves off and do some exploring while their parents could relax with a glass of wine and a nap on the terrace.

Feeling more invigorated we were then free to explore the island on foot, bike and sea. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the kayaking and climbing the rocks in the company of the ever energetic Craig. Mum and dad especially enjoyed Xania's cooking and afternoon slice of cake - the perfect way to round off a day of fresh air and as much exercise as we wanted.

Everyone's needs were accommodated by Craig and Xania and we all left feeling that Vis and WearActive were somewhere we would definitely revisit.

It was the best 'family/adventure holiday' that we have been on.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Truly this was, an amazingly relaxing adventure and I can not recommend it highly enough!
We arrived on Vis exhausted after a busy London work schedule, from the moment that we were met at the ferry and whisked off to our retreat the adventure began. The relax/adventure element was very much left up to us as we decided on our agenda each day with guidance from our wonderful hosts Craig & Xania. There were plenty of options presented each day kayaking, hiking, cycling, swimming yoga or any combination to suit how you feel when you wake up each morning and the weather conditions. Being able to come back after a morning of activities to a wonderful cool room to relax in, was appreciated.... before setting out again in the afternoon. The food is incredible, each day the most delicious healthy lunches were provided where you can taste the sunshine in the food. The evening meals were lengthy as the food kept coming and the company was enjoyed and island wines flowed!
The accomodation has bays for swimming either side that are walkable within minutes, the waters are warm and some of the most crystal clear waters that we have seen in years.
We arrived exhausted and left regenerated, healthy and energised....all this in only 7 days! The hosts are incredible and we were so impressed from the welcome to the farewell that we have booked to be regenerated again this year!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Guesthouse Ksenija
Guesthouse Ksenija
#2 of 5 in Komiza
The Sea House Apartments

Been to WearActive? Share your experiences!