Hotel El Convento
  • Pool
$56
$45
Orbitz.com
All reviewsformer conventcentral gardensalmon saladworks of artsmall poolbeautiful oasiswater fountainrooms are spaciousspent two nightsthe air conditioningstreet sidebuffet stylevery nice stayplace to staylounge arearuben dariodecent size
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our stay at Hotel El Convento was the perfect choice. Leon was one of our favorite stops on our holiday but it was insanely hot and humid, at least for Seattleites. Having El Convento's comfortable room (with ac) and small pool at the end of the day helped refresh us, especially after Cerro Negro. The staff was also attentive and helpful with poolside drinks and arranging transportation.

The breakfast was adequate, basic eggs and gallo pinto along with cereal, fruit, etc. We had dinner at the restaurant once, which was fine. Not a food destination but it worked out well for our last night there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with a lovely central patio and old furniture. Rooms are large quiet and comfortable. The bathroom is big,with hot water, tub and hair dryer. There is also iron and board. The location is central, walking distance from the main square and the best restaurants in town. There is a small swimming pool. Breakfast is included and quite rich and it begins at six.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

El Convento hotel is located in a lovingly restored convent. There is a lovely interior garden, a small swimming pool, a grand living room full of antiques, comfortable, modern rooms, and a good restaurant. It is ideally located on a quiet street only two blocks from the central square and around the corner from the art museum. The room is spacious, the bed firm, and the bathroom very nice. The hotel was really charming and I was very pleased. I thank my excellent Nicaraguan travel agency, Nicaragua Adventure, for recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TOM T
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I like unique hotels so this fit perfectly. The rooms are not plush at all, but are large, functional and comfy. The breakfast was fair, but the dinner we had at the hotel restaurant was totally inedible. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere for lunch and dinner. I would stay here again, but avoid the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in the heart of Leon. I would have given it five stars but on our last night there I was woken up at 2:00 am by people drunk and loud in a sitting area by my room. There is no way that the security did not hear it. This went on for at least 30 min.... When I told the desk the next morning they were apologetic but it seemed as though they weren't interested in finding out the cause. For the money we paid, I would expect better. And it seemed to me that they were locals and how did they get in???!
Breakfast was great and the grounds were lovely.

• Stayed: November 2013