“Romantic!”

Description: More informations in Facebook : restauranteleturon
Seattle, Washington
“Romantic!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We wanted a place to celebrate our recent proposal volcano boarding earlier that day and were greeted with this warm French getaway! We sipped champagne listened to soothing music and eat a delicious meal via candles! The staff is very attentive and welcoming!

• Polish first
Sydney
“Good place”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I came here for brekkie. Nice enough food, good range of menu choices, and great limonada casera. The restrooms are clean and the terrace/patio is nice - no lounge chairs/hammocks or anything, but it's a good refuelling stop and a pleasant place to sit a while. The waitstaff are friendly and attentive although one seems desperate to practise his English (a little rude to crash into English with all/any foreigner: is my spanish not good enough for you?)

There's also a super chilled kitty - if you're missing your fluffy friends, I recommend coming to chill/chat with this lovely lady tabby.

1 Thank Cyberpanda
“Enough gallo pinto.,, what else is there?”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Well...a French/central American restaurant in the heart of Leon. I was slightly confused about the type of food the restaurant served. I'm originally from Leon and currently living in San Francisco. When it comes to a restaurant description of the type of food they serve I'm very literal. I was hoping to see French Central American fusion food on the menu (something like a Nacatamal Frances perhaps) but instead the menu included pastas, a nice selection of steaks and seafood dishes, curry pork, and even beef bourguignon. My sister and I had the corvina and salmon tartare, the grilled chicken breast, and spaghetti pesto with shrimp and of course some wine.
Everything was really tasty and fresh. The venue is lovely and quite charming with a nice patio/ garden and cute vintage posters on the walls. Waiters were very friendly and professional and prices...well for the average Leones perhaps it would be a special occasion treat. for the European tourists staying at a hostal maybe expensive. I have been coming to Leon for the past 20 years and I have tried it all and seen it all when it comes to food. Regarding the previous comments about the prices... If you want cheap, go to Tip-Top or the central market. Since my last visit to
Leon 2 yeas ago, Leon is finally heading in the right direction with better food and restaurants and Le Turon is a good example of a good restaurant in Leon. If you had enough gallo pinto and want to try something different Le Turon is the place to go. Chef, if you can make the toasts with the tartare a bit thinner and crunchier that would be fantastic! Also, more French desserts please even though the lemon panna cotta with mango sounded delicious.

1 Thank Marco R
UK
“Very nice”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a very nice meal although not the best we had in Leon. However, our waiter, who did not speak English (I would not expect him to) tried his best to communicate and was really friendly and good fun and made the experaince for us.

Visited May 2014
“Special 38'th Wedding Anniversary in Nicaragua”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

One cool thing about being in a country like Nicaragua - - - is that everyone goes out of their way to help with any special request one might have.

That was the case with Le Turon - a wonderful French Restaurant here in Leon where we are living - - - where I requested a special setting for the 38'th wedding anniversary of my wife Anne and I - - - and received it. This is the first time that we have celebrated our anniversary outside of our home Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately it poured rain minutes before we got there at 7:00PM on Friday evening - and so all the work they had done to set up in the outdoor garden area, where they had the walkways lined with candles for a romantic experience - - - was all in vain, and their disappointment was evident.

Nevertheless, they quickly had moved the table and arrangements into an equally romantic private area, where Argentinian Sparkling Wine and Red Roses as well as "The Love of My Life" written on the table cloth in flower pedals - - - made for the most special evening we could have imagined here in Nicaragua.

Most important, was Anne's appreciation for the extra effort I put into giving her something unique to remember. It was everything and more than we could have asked for. Thank you Le Turon.

We will post our story here: http://travelvirgins.net/journal

• Visited May 2014