“Finally, found best spot in Leon”
Review of Le Turon - CLOSED

Le Turon
Cuisines: French, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: More informations in Facebook : restauranteleturon
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent weekend exploring gastronomical options in Leon--from previously top-rated spots to street-food finds (tip, best street tacos across from an evangelical church called El Rey Jesus todopoderoso!).

Only got here for dessert and drinks, but immediately, we could tell THIS was the place to be. Excellent service (the chef called back one of our dessert immediately after he realized he forgot to put the rum on it...I had tasted it once without the rum, still a delicious cake, but returned us a completely new serving). High quality food, nice atmosphere. Only sad we found it Saturday night (CLOSED on sundays, take note). Tried Mexican coffee, tequila, chocolate mousse, and a rum-dosed cake. Truly spectacular. I'm a harsh critic :)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having spent a weekend seeking out the best places to eat, trawling TA and Lonely planet we ended up here, our 7th eatery of the weekend. Good atoms, good service, good presentation, really good food and drinks, fair priced and well located. Best place to eat in Leon.

1  Thank Benedictslow
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had breakfast here and everything was clean and sanitary. The server was extremely nice and made my day! it was an excellent value. I had a "fruit punch" which is a mix of freshly squeezed tropical fruits. The decor was inviting and everything looked really appetizing. This was one of the best meals I had in Leon during my two week stay there. Definitely highly recommended!

1  Thank filosofia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Truly pardon my French, but this place is [--] awesome. First, we had the Chicken Cordon Blue, and pasta with shrimp and pesto. Both sublime. So good, that we came a second night straight, an we had the Bouef Bourguignon and French steak with caramelized onions. To die for. Comparable to a $50 per plate in the US, for 9 (nine!!!) bucks. For dessert, try the chocolate mousse (remember Ratatouille, when the food critic tries the dish and it transports him to his childhood? My grandma made mousse like that...) and the Crepe Suzette. For wine, try the house Le Vigne de Jo. The owner, Olivier, suggested it for our dishes, even when he had much pricier wines. He came from Tour, France, with his family, fell in love with Leon, and pursued his dream of starting a restaurant. A true hidden gem.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This new restaurant is a real treat. In the daytime it is more of a café, serving crepes, pancakes, breakfasts etc (recommend the crepes). In the evening it transforms into a very French looking restaurant (would be better without the light green paintwork but never mind) with nicely laid tables, smart waiters and an interesting menu. We only had starters and desserts but were very impressed - will definitely be going back to try the main courses.