“A bucket list-must do= one time in your life!”

Bigfoot Hostel and Volcano Boarding
Ranked #3 of 29 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 18, 2013

but bring your own camera! actually it's close to impossible to sled and take photos of yourself.. but i hope they still have photos from our trip! the guy was awesome and sledding was not as crazy as we'd thought i'd be. The trek up was rough, even for mt. fuji hikers like me and the fiance. The guy even helped some girls who were on the verge of fainting, carry their boards up. just listen to all the cautionary tales they gave you! i fell, but the first thing i did was cover the money maker (my face).. a girl didn't and she came down with her face all scratched up.. this is def not for the faint at heart or those who are, lets say, "non active"...!

All reviews
"local guy"
"cinder cone"
"loose rocks"

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The volcanoboarding was awesome, but we didnt get what we where promised. We where a group of 16 people. Our guide said that we didnt have to bring our cameras because she would take lots of pictures. When we got back from the trip she promised that she would upload them on Facebook. Something that didnt happend. So now we dont have any pictures from that once in a lifetime experience! I mailed them about this, and got the answer that they never promised anything and they also said that the pictures allready were uploaded. But that was of the group after us. They apparently deleted the pictures and was to proud to be honest about it. They were rude in the mails and didnt want to listen to me. Choose another operator for volcanoboatding! Even the drive to and from the volcano was terrible! The driver went way to fast. Not a good expirience for our group!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I didn't even stay at this hostel, but you should! I did volcano boarding from here, drank awesome coffee, and played flip cup with amazing people from around the world.

Had such a fun time on this day trip, one of my favorite things I did while in Nicaragua for a month. Don't think twice about the "expensive" $30 it costs, total. You won't regret it. The hike up Cerro Negro is really awesome, as you're on deep black volcanic rock the whole climb. We also saw fumaroles that were emitting gas ON THE VOLCANO. It's active, did I mention that?

I was really scared about the boarding, but it was amazing. It's a loud ride down, and you have to hold on and follow directions-- but what a blast. No one in our group got hurt, and it's pure adrenaline until the end. Don't think, just do it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had a blast at Bigfoot hostel - great rooms, clean, good quality and safe. Customer service was awesome, drinks were delicious, BUT most of all, the volcano boarding trip was AMAZINGGGGG! The hike was one of my fav parts, but boarding down was pretty much legit too!! I'd do it again if I could!! Would recommend it to everyone and had a blast! Just bring a handkerchief to cover your mouth and nose when you're doing down, wear long socks too, and you'll be good to go. :)