“Favorite restaurant in Leon”
Review of Carnivoro

Carnivoro
Ranked #15 of 103 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In our restaurant we have service with Restaurant Bar, national and international cuisine, delicious menus for lunch, dinner, dishes Executives and snacks, rich bar national and international drinks.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've been living in Leon for about two months, and so far this is my favorite place to eat. Basically everything I've tried on the menu has been delicious, both the meat and the vegetarian dishes. For a restaurant named "Carnivoro", they have some surpassingly delicious vegetarian offers, such as the fetta cheese stuffed pepper. Service is good, and the atmosphere is nice. Mostly backpackers and tourists though, not recommended if you're looking for local foods and atmosphere. I don't think I have ever had a great steak meal that was this cheap!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I ordered a steak which I would highly recommend and the food with it was great also. The prices here are good also and they include the taxes in the menu prices quoted. I had the best pina colada in Nicaragua here. Other places either used drink mix or had pineapple without the coconut or it tasted like they did anyway. The steak meal was around $10US and the pina colada around $3. Great value!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ate here a couple of days ago . Nice setting and friendly staff. Not 100% sure we got what we ordered but whatever arrived was really nice.
An unexpected gem in this town .

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This restaurant is centrally located just a couple of blocks from Colibri Hostel. The ambiance is nice. Large, contemporary acrylic paintings in bright colors, of ships, fish and bulls in a modern style. Warm ochre walls and dark wood offer a comfortable and aesthetic surrounding for your meal.

I started with a mojito, which was great, very fresh and cold. Then I ordered the lamb brochette, which came with rice, french fries, a small salad and a very small portion of tiny tidbits of roasted veges. Unfortunately, the lamb was tough, overdone and the onion was barely cooked. The rest of the meal was fine, the proportions of food very nice and the placement of all on the plate well designed. The prices are high for Nicaragua, double, triple or more than the normal "comida del dia" you will find in comedors around town, so it was a special night out for me. Expect to pay around C270 and up, with one drink, around $12 and up.

I would suggest being very specific about how you want your meat. I said medium, pink but not raw in the middle. This evidently wasn't enough information. I probably should have sent the meat back, but didn't want the hassle and the rest of the meal was nice.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great restaurant in a very nice setting. They serve excellent beef and the rest of the food is also very good. Good service.