“Telica overnight Adventure”
Review of Sonati

Sonati
Ranked #11 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Join the best outdoor guides in Leon to explore our beautiful surroundings. We offer a wide range of activities that suit all needs, from the most rigorous to the more laid-back travelers: Volcano boarding, Climb volcanoes, Swim in volcanic lagoons, Float in the mangrove, Kayak Isla Juan Venada, Turle watching (seasonal), Discover the birds around Leon, Enjoy a relaxed city tour and learn about the crazy history of Leon. We are a 100% nonprofit organization that provides free environmental education to children. All profits from tours go to support environmental programs. We also run tours from our office in Esteli. Experience the cloud forest, swim in waterfall pools, farmstays and more!!
Reviewed August 15, 2014

One of my favourite trips in Nicaragua, if not my favourite. Super nice guides, fun facts about nature and everything was organized perfectly! Sonar I is great!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"volcano"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Telica overnight trip was fantastic. Beautiful views, not hard but a goodly workout. The guide was willing to go as fast or as slow as the group needed. It can be pretty dusty on a lot of the trail so consider bringing a bandana or something that could cover your mouth/nose if you're sensitive to that.

I appreciated that hiring horses to carry gear and supplies provides local communities with an extra source of income, even if it made me feel a little less hardcore.

One of the hikers hurt their foot on the way down the mountain (hey, it happens), and the Sonati guide was really good about slowing up enough for her to be comfortable and getting a private truck as close to the trail as possible to spare her from having to walk a few more kilometers on an injured foot.

I used the food plan, and it was really good: sausages cooked over the campfire, but you might want to consult about what kind of food will be available when you're setting up your trip since each guide has some latitude in deciding what kind of food they bring with them. Pack water. They'll give you 6 liters, which is enough for a lot of people, but as a bigger guy I needed about 10L.

Sonati doesn't control this, but there aren't any outhouses at the top of Telica. It would be cool if someone would work on that.

1  Thank Jordan W
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We hiked up Telica last November - it was a great all around experience. Really helpful guides, a great group of people, nice food supplied along the way, and we got to enjoy a great sunset from the top of the volcano!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We hiked volcan telika with henry and it was one of the best days of my life. The hike was challenging but rewarding and we got to see liquid hot magma! We also got to see a bat cave which was awesome.

Highly highly recommended!