“such good food, good service,nice ambiente” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Sesteo

El Sesteo
Ranked #7 of 95 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Central American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Right at the heart of this intellectual and humid city is located “El Sesteo” a nice setting with a nice view and a unique decoration. The food is nice has a good variety of things, Local food, Mexican, Sea food (ocean is only 20min away) and international cuisine, Service is pretty good and all of the walls are decorated with the local dance, folklore and most important people of Leon one of them Ruben Dario Father of the modernism and prince of the Spanish language.They are open for lunch and dinner and probably have the best view of any restaurant in Leon, have a nice breeze that run through the place and a nice view to the street which you can see the locals walking around the main square.Go and enjoy this place and give a try to local own places.
San Francisco Libre
“such good food, good service,nice ambiente”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is unusual for me to find Restaurants like this in Nicaragua, I enjoyed having a big,well made and tasty salad there. Their menu is very spread, the Service great and the Prices are normal for a place like that

Visited September 2013

Red Springs, North Carolina
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our Mission Team ate our last dinner in Leon at El Sesteo. The service was good. I ordered the steak with onions and tomatoes and it was absolutely delicious. The steak was literally tender enough to cut with a fork. I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great centrally-located cafe with attentive service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by here for my morning coffee and was greater with attentive service from a young gentleman.

My cafe con leche was delicious, almost like a cappuccino but with less foam. He attempted many times to get the wifi to work, which was very kind, however he was unsuccessful.

The menu shows that they have good food albeit on the expensive side. This is probably because you're paying for the great people-watching location and quality of service.

Overall I would definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“Location and Service Can't Be Beat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My group was unwinding from a long day of working and exploring the area. Everyone was hungry and none of us could take another day of fast food. The hustle and bustle was completely over. Night had fallen and the square was empty. El Sesteo was closed, but they opened their doors and welcomed the 10 or so members of our group.

The service was fantastic, food was quite tasty and the ambiance was fun. The employees kept the music playing as if we were there well ahead of closing. We didn’t feel rushed at all as we consumed our meal while having a lively conversation.

One negative is that the lone vegetarian in our group had difficulty finding something to eat besides salads and fried seafood. I, as a carnivore, thoroughly enjoyed the selection.

Although I would have liked more time in Leon, I most certainly would recommend El Sesteo for its bountiful menu, pleasant employees, wonderful cross breeze and an all-around comfortable environment. Oh yeah, and the dog sprawled out in one of the doorways was a friendly addition as well. He didn't bother us, but was quite a surprise when we were ready to depart.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“MY FAVORITE PLACE TO HANGOUT IN LEON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

If there was a place I frequented daily in Leon, it was the El Sesteo. It was located beside the cathedral. An easy place for friends to find because of its location. They also served excellent snack foods like sandwiches with fries and I loved to eat breakfast here also. They served beer and cocktails also for those they aren't hungry. This was the ultimate meeting place in Leon. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013