Via Via Hostel
$64
$52
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewson friday nightsnon smoking areawall mounted fanmeeting placefront barprivate roomgarden areacentral courtyardcolonial stylepool tablestayed for nightsno hot watervibedormhammockswifichill
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The drunk owner kicked us out of the bar because our friend smokes rolling tobacco. We were playing pool when the bouncer told us to leave. The owner did admit to us that we didn't do anything disturbing, yet she felt she had to throw us out. She was very drunk and rude. I think she shows a total lack of respect to her costumers. I have never been treated so rude. A total shame on Via Via.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria V
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed the whole experience, the only thing i didnt like was the fact that they allowed smokers....i get that its not much of a family staying hotel but I cant stand the smell of tobacco. And im sure that most customers would appreciate the lobby to be smoke free. Also, the wifi wasnt available for rooms that were further away so that was a bit annoying. But other than that, i loved my room and bathroom. Was very comfy and the hamacs are a perfect addition. I truly feel like it grasped the nicaraguen experience. And the food....was on point, im nicaraguense myself...so I would know ;)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in Via via, we were lucky to have a huge double room right at the back with an ensuite and tv all for $23 which I think was great value. We liked the bar as well, it's nice that it's not just backpackers who drink there. The menu is only ok but the meals are good, especially the steak with pepper sauce.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The dorms a great, mainly single beds and only one bunk in each. Rooms were very nice, clean and roomy and have a bathroom in each. They also have lockers for each person.

The food is good, relatively priced and quite large sized meals. I found the cleaners very friendly and always willing to help when the restaurant was busy. The backpacker social vibe was a little scarce, although Bigfoot is across the street if you want to meet more people and party. I found via via was very chilled and quiet - great for sleeping! Also awesome hammocks around the garden.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LaLaRockZ
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Paid $20 for a private ensuite room, was very nice, clean and roomy, cleaned daily if you want. The front cafe is busy but the back is very peaceful. Not a very social hostel but there's Bigfoot opposite for that.

The front desk were useless, often too busy running the cafe than to bother with guests, which was left to the cleaners to sort out. Other than that a good chilled out hostel opposite the party place if ya want it.

• Stayed: June 2013