“Don't miss Kayaking the Mangrove Forest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mas Adventures
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mas Adventures Tour Operator is the only agency 100 % Nicaraguan in Leon city. Feel free to support the locals. We work with small groups and offer all activities in Nicaragua.Anything you need to know or do here, we will be more than happy to help you.Looking for share moments in life that you will never forget .Today is your day for Mas Adventures
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss Kayaking the Mangrove Forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Anry was easily the best tour guide we had during our time in Nicaragua. My wife and I were on a belated honeymoon and did everything from ATV rides, volcano boarding, nature hikes, and horseback riding from San Juan del Sur up to Leon. Anry was a phenomenal guide in every way! If you read his single poor review and make everything they said opposite you will have Anry. He speaks perfect English and was one of the most kind people we met in our travels. He knows so much about his country and loves it very much! Spending half of the day with him kayaking through the Mangrove Forest was a highlight of our honeymoon and that is saying a LOT considering all of the amazing things we were able to do!

He picked us up in a taxi at our hostel and then took us to a nearby small village where he rented the kayaks and then we took off into the "river". I am very athletic and love all things outdoors. My wife loves new adventures as well, but had never done any kayaking or canoeing before in her life. She was able to get the hang of it pretty quick and we had a great time making our way through the forest looking at all of the wildlife. While she doesn't have a lot of upper body strength, she was able to make it through the ~3 hour tour without a problem and no complaints. She was tired and a bit sore the next day, but nothing she couldn't handle. Anry knew every piece of wildlife by name and did his best to point everything out. He even showed my wife how to plant a Red Mangrove tree and took her picture doing it so that he could send us a follow up picture a year later to show how big the tree gets! It was the highlight of the tour for my wife! We also stopped for about 30 minutes to have a beer and walk the shoreline of the ocean, swim, and collect seashells.

All in all, this was a tour my wife and I will never forget and will always cherish. Anry is a top notch tour guide and will not let you down on any of his great tours! You would be a fool to not book something with him!

Visited March 2013

• Finnish first
Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Amazing Anry Rodriquez”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

When we decided we wanted to do Volcano Boarding, we didn't want to do it with Tierra Tours but preferred a smaller company. We saw recommendations here on TA to go with Anry and that was the best advice we could have recieved. Not only did Anry guide us on the hike and teach us how to use the equipment, but he provided us with endless laughs. His English is near perfect and his sarcastic sense of humor is sure to entertain you.

We had so much fun with him and even hope to remain friends with him. He is extremely knowledgable about the entire country and its history.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Anry from Mas Adventures.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Leeah K
Salt Lake City, Utah
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Kayaking the Mangrove Forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I rarely write reviews but in the case of Anry and Mas Adventures Tours, I felt I had to. Anry was a spectacular guide and person to be around. He set up a tour for just myself, something I could not find anywhere else since I am traveling alone, and gave me exactly what I asked for. We spent several hours exploring the mangrove forests and their importance to the land. Make sure that you put your dollars where they matter when you visit this place, in the hands of Nicaraguans like Anry. You won't be disappointed with the genuine experience you receive.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nevergo33
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cerro Negro Volcano Boarding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have traveled to every continent and done countless activities… and this sticks out as one of the best! Anry (out guide) was the coolest guy I've met on a trip. Honestly… if you do a tour… make sure you get him! He not only showed us a great hike.. he took some sweet photos of us, took us out to the local bar, and gave us a history lesson on Nicaragua! This guided tour is exactly what a traveler is wanting! My only regret was that we werent able to do more activities with him b/c we had to head home!

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“By far the BEST tours in Nicaragua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

WE loved every tour we did with MAS. Anry was an amazing guide- he is really an awesome guy. The next time I go to Nicaragua I will absolutely contact him to set up our trip from A-Z.

Turtles, volcanos, lagoons - all so special. And he drove us to the airport...

Thanks Anry! Hopefully we will be back this X-mas!

Visited January 2013