“San Cristobal”

Mas Adventures
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mas Adventures Tour Operator is the only agency 100 % Nicaraguan in Leon city. Feel free to support the locals. We work with small groups and offer all activities in Nicaragua.Anything you need to know or do here, we will be more than happy to help you.Looking for share moments in life that you will never forget .Today is your day for Mas Adventures
Budapest
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“San Cristobal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Anry is one of the best guide. We climbed the San Cristobal volcano together at the beginnig of Ferbuary. I was absolutely satisfied with his organization. Climbing the volcano was a real challenge but telling the truth the Momotombo was more difficult a little bit. We climbed the Santa Clara volcano too which wasn't a simple tour either. It was much more difficult then I thought before it. Don't start climbing these volcanos without 5 litres of water and two strong sticks. And be very well prepared with excellent condition. I highly recommend the Masadvantures. They are safe and trusty.

Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“True adventure in Leon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I found Mas Adventure online before our trip to Nicaragua and was intrigued by the chance to climb a volcano. I exchanged emails with Anry in advance to get a feel for what kind of tours he offered. He can arrange anything you're interested in, truly. Once in Leon I emailed Anry to set up a full day tour of Cerro Negro and the Lagoon and Leon Vieja. He responded almost immediately. I later learned he was emailing me from atop one of the volcanoes. The all day tour was absolutely amazing! He picked us up at our hotel first thing in the morning and we all piled into his pickup truck. My girlfriend and I choose to ride in the back which was a great deal of fun. We stopped at several farms on the way to Cerro Negro and got a fantastic introduction to local Nica culture. The climb up the Volcano was exhilarating to say the least, but the real fun is sand boarding down. Every precaution is taken to insure your safety, including pads and goggles and a very stylish jumpsuit. From the volcano we drove down what was perhaps the dustiest road in central America to a beautiful lagoon where we enjoyed a cleansing swim and a simple, delicious lunch. From there we were treated to a local delicacy at a road side stand and then a special treat of watching the sunset from the old NG fort overlooking Leon and the surrounding area. The next day we had Anry give us a tour of Leon. He is a wealth of information about the area and it is clear he really loves his country and sharing it with visitors. We had to cut our history lesson short when we realized the sun was going down. We climbed to the roof of the old presidential palace to watch sunset. It was breathtaking! After the sun went down we enjoyed a cold beer at the only rooftop bar in town then I persuaded Anry to take us for street food. We went to the Market at the old Train Station for dinner. The food, the atmosphere and the company were all fantastic. I can't recommend Anry enough, he is one of the warmest, most sincere people we met on our travels. If you're in Leon, or anywhere else in Nicaragua, do yourself a favor and get in touch with Mas Adventures.

Visited January 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Anry for Mayor of Leon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Professional, personable guide. As we went through Leon 'everyone seemed to know Andry! Even the country people who he delivers medicines to we're delighted to see him. Andry was a fantastic guide for climbing up and then boarding down the volcano-he knew his stuff and gave great instruction. He loves his country and is proud to share his knowledge!

London, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Vote for Anry!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

First of all I would like to say that Anry is an excellent communicator. He sent me a reply from my request to Volcano Board with in a few hours. Our group decided to to Volcano Boarding and a City tour of Leon. Anry came to pick all 4 of us up all the way in Pochomil. He said he would be there at 8am and he was right on time! Our drive to Leon was well....."Special"

Once at the Volcano we got our boards and our bags and started the hike only about 45min not to bad at all. But once we started to get half way up the wind picked up BIG TIME!!! about 50 knot cross winds....we had to stay low or position yourself in a way that the wind wouldn't take you. Anry was very reassuring and took extra care of my friend and her husband. He even took their boards up the rest of the way! Right before we hit the top of the volcano we had to get our gear on and a few more steps up and there we were on top of Cerro Negro!
After some very detailed instruction by Anry he made our whole group feel at ease and confident to board down. SO MUCH FUN !! From there Anry took us to a great Restaurant for lunch followed by a drive around the city and a stop at a market. By the drive home we were all considering each other friends and laughing and joking around.

Thank you so much Anry for showing us such a great time!!

Visited January 2013
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Superb tour guide, superb tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went with Anry in December to the Cerro Negro volcano boarding and lagoon swimming. He is Mas Adventures - he rarely uses other guides so you can be sure to get a first class experience. He's a great guide - informative, interesting, fun, friendly and engaging. He took us on a hair-raising climb inside cerro negro which turned out to be more of an adrenaline hit than the volcano boarding. The crater lagoon swim was awesome and he even took us for quesillas on the way back to Leon. His is a 100% Nica tour business, the only one in Leon I think, and he really cares about showing visitors the best that Leon has to offer, even spent the time to go through the fascinating political history of Nicaragua with us. I can't recommend him highly enough. Forget the rest - get in touch with Anry - you won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2012