“Awesome way to spend a day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mas Adventures

Mas Adventures
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mas Adventures Tour Operator is the only agency 100 % Nicaraguan in Leon city. Feel free to support the locals. We work with small groups and offer all activities in Nicaragua.Anything you need to know or do here, we will be more than happy to help you.Looking for share moments in life that you will never forget .Today is your day for Mas Adventures
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome way to spend a day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

A friend and I recently traveled to Nicaragua and spent a couple of days in Leon. We signed up for a full day trip with Anry, which included volcano boarding, a swim in a crater lake, and a tour of the Leon ruins. I cannot imagine a better way to have explored everything that Leon has to offer. Anry was a fantastic and knowledgeable tour guide. It was great going on a tour just the two of us because we got to see, do, and learn so much, but I have no doubt that Anry would make the tour unforgettable for a group of any size. I highly recommend taking a tour with Mas Adventures, whether you choose to go volcano boarding, explore the city, or take off for the whole day like we did.

Visited June 2012

• Finnish first
Aarhus, Arhus, Denmark
“Best company there is. Plain and simple..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Anry is by far, the most talented tour guide in the area. He owns this business, and does a really great job at putting together small groups of people, so that everyone gets the most out of the experience..

He has a lot of activities in his "mas adventures". Motorbike rides through the country, rides around the area, and especially has a great/perfect tour to the "cerro negro", which is where you can slide down a volcano with around 80 kmph. It is a great tour and Anry will tell you everything there is to know about the place!!

Furthermore he is just a great guy, and our group went to have dinner with him and hs wife in the evening.

Best experiences from a guy in Denmark!!
I would use this agency again and again..!

Visited July 2011
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour guide & small group's.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Mas Adventures immediately appealed to me as it was a 100% Nicaraguan company. We went on two tours with them with Anry as our tour guide. The first was the half day city tour (which was my first in any city as I tend to avoid them & do my own thing!) Anry was the perfect guide, enthusiastic and incredibly knowledgable.He really does take you under his wing, I cannot recommend him enough.It was a very interesting introduction to the history of the city. The following day together with the another couple from the city tour we headed up to Cerro Negro to volcano board. At the top we were kitted out with boiler suits, gloves ,knee and elbow pads .before a good briefing and jumping on our boards.I opted for speed over style so subsequently wiped out a couple of times on my way down but due to being properly covered up came away without even a scratch.This does not always happen.Following us up the volcano were a DIY group wearing singlets and shorts..a wipeout there could have been really nasty..one hard core exfoliation I could do without! After dusting ourselves down we were given fresh watermelon and had a break before being driven back to town.A really brilliant day and masses of thanks to Anry for being such a legend!!
I would recommend anyone going to wear long trousers/leggings, long socks and a long sleeved top,and scarf if you have one...it all helps for a pain free experience! Do it..it's brilliant fun!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank George S
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Mas adventures, the best tourist company in Nicaragua! And Anry is the best tour guide in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have bee on several trips with Mas Adventures and i recommend with all my heart using this 100% nicaraguan tourist company for exploring this beautiful country. Anry knows every trail and will not only take you on beautiful adventures but also teach you about plants, animals and agriculture on the way. His passion for his country and his people is amazing and he keeps close contact with the people living on the country side and provides necessities to the families and children who needs it. This is also something volcano hikers can tribute with, just speak with Anry. This will give you a even better trip and a chance to get to know the culture and the people even better.

Visited September 2011
Medellin, Colombia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Anry is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I chose Mas Adventures for Sandboarding at the Cerro Negro volcano. Sure other tour operators offer the same service but you won't get the personalized experience you get with Anry. He speaks perfect English and knows pretty much everything about anything in León.

We embarked in a private car in the morning before stopping to chat with some villagers from a poor community that Mas Adventures helps support and have a nice snack amongst the iguanas at the park entrance. It was a short hike up to the top of the volcano and a really fast ride down.

He also gave us some great suggestions for things to check around León like el Fortín and Las Peñitas AND helped us find Iguana Soup! Gracias por todo Anry!

Visited December 2011