“Great atmosphere and locally-sourced Euro-style cheese”

Pan & Paz - French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Leon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Classic French boulangerie and patisserie located in the historic center of León. All products are made fresh every day by our own team of bakers. A fresh and tranquil patio where you can escape from León's heat. Enjoy your coffee and croissant in the morning, a fresh juice and sandwich, quiche or salad for lunch, or indulge in a coffee and pastry to satisfy your sweet tooth. Relaxed atmosphere at night for a light diner or to savor our selection of cheeses, cold cuts and wines.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great atmosphere and locally-sourced Euro-style cheese”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you're craving cheese--either creamy goat or aged, look no further. We had the cheese plater in the pleasant colonial courtyard--there's inside seating for rainy days. Since the cheese is local, great prices for take-out portions, too. Our favorite cafe in Leon. In Leon's heat, the shaded, breezy courtyard was a welcoming oasis.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place for coffee and pastry.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The coffee is good, the pastry is excellent. The service is friendly and the patio seating is pleasant and comfortable. It is a great place to spend an hour in the morning.

Visited January 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not outstanding”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

After reading the reviews online, I had quite high expectations. Unfortunately, I was not particularly impressed with my sandwich - the camembert baguette. It was ok, but nothing special. The bread was a bit tough for my liking and I was very surprised that on top of homemade bread they used margarine!

Bread and camembert cheese should either have proper butter or none at all in my opinion! It was really quite dry, perhaps a dressing of some kind may have been a good alternative to the margarine and would have livened it up a little. The cake I had afterwards was quite nice, but again, quite average.

I was also quite disappointed with the service. In general, the staff did not come across as particularly friendly. When I enquired what one of the juices was, the lady replied that it was a fruit, without any further information. I had clearly never tried the fruit (and had gathered that it would be a fruit) so I would have appreciated a little more description. I decided to chance it and found that it didn't really taste of anything, it seemed like a strange option for a fruit smoothie with such a bland flavour.

Overall, the food was bland, the staff indifferent and I left unimpressed.

Visited January 2014
New York City
“Yum! And open early”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Weirdly not much is open before 8am in central León, and I had to leave for a tour. Was very pleasantly surprised to find a good chocolate croissant and coffee here! Got me up the volcano!

Visited December 2013
Managua, Nicaragua
“This place is amazing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

There is not much to say other than this place is great. I could eat everything in the restaurant. Good prices, but even better food. I will eat there every time im in town.

• Visited December 2013