“Great lunch spot!”

Pan & Paz - French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Leon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Classic French boulangerie and patisserie located in the historic center of León. All products are made fresh every day by our own team of bakers. A fresh and tranquil patio where you can escape from León's heat. Enjoy your coffee and croissant in the morning, a fresh juice and sandwich, quiche or salad for lunch, or indulge in a coffee and pastry to satisfy your sweet tooth. Relaxed atmosphere at night for a light diner or to savor our selection of cheeses, cold cuts and (French) wines.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It has a pretty inner courtyard and was a great place for lunch. We shared a cheese platter along with a glass of wine. It was all tasty. There were 4-5 kinds of cheese and both white and whole grain bread. They have wifi although we didn't use it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Good baguettes. In Nicaragua. Yes, it is possible at Pan y Paz. Their croissants wouldn´t pass the test in Paris but their sandwiches more than make up for that. Also, great smoothies and coffee. And a nice patio where you can relax after walking the busy streets of Leon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Everything about Pan y Paz (bread and peace) is a delight. The food is beautifully displayed and tastes even better than it looks. The coffee is served hot. Their desserts, specifically the chocolate mousse we had last night to cap off our "thanksgiving" dinner was divine. Almost too much we kept declaring as we all but licked our plates. We have come here daily since discovering this gem and can't get enough. The setting is very tranquil to enjoy a pastry and coffee and to watch people be delighted by the food. This is a must visit in Leon! I hope you like it as much as we have.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stopped here to cool off after an afternoon of walking around in the humidity. It seemed to be the place for students, expats and tourists to gather for baked goods and iced coffee.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Wow! I am so happy that this bakery was recommended to us. If I lived in Leon I would be eating here everyday. It is the best bakery I have been to in Central America. Simply delicious and very cheap for the quality of food. Try the broccoli quiche for sure and I am looking forward to my pesto and cheese baguette that I brought for my ride from Leon to San Salvador. It has a beautiful courtyard and a great place to relax and eat fine french food. We could even see the bakers at work through the glass windows to the kitchen, which was fantastic. Such a pleasure to have such a high quality bakery in Nicaragua and great to see local staff working there.