“Lemon merengue pie was absolutely delish.”

Pan & Paz - French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Leon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Classic French boulangerie and patisserie located in the historic center of León. All products are made fresh every day by our own team of bakers. A fresh and tranquil patio where you can escape from León's heat. Enjoy your coffee and croissant in the morning, a fresh juice and sandwich, quiche or salad for lunch, or indulge in a coffee and pastry to satisfy your sweet tooth. Relaxed atmosphere at night for a light diner or to savor our selection of cheeses, cold cuts and wines.
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it was all the fabulous reviews I read prior to trying this place but it really was just ok. The salami and sandwiches were had and while they were tasty, they did not live up to the hype from reviews. The coffee was fine as well. However, the lemon merengue pie was absolutely flawless. I would visit again for dessert and coffee.

There are newer reviews for Pan & Paz - French Bakery

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good coffee and fruit drinks, delectable pastries. Loved the chandelier overhead with the wild & crazy colored beads hanging down. Good service, an easy place to hang out and cool off after a hot walk in Leon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Being a cooks, both me and my boyfriend were able to appreciate the freshly baked bread they have. We had a baguette sandwich each (I had a crazy swiss cheese, ham and tuna combination which turned out perfect) and that was perfect lunch for us. That same afternoon, we just had to come back for dessert. I had a white and dark chocolate mousse cake and he had a passion fruit charlotte. I would go back in a heartbeat and try a different item from the menu!

1  Thank BlueFoodie
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Pan y Paz has it all in my humble opinion. Great location in the center, great ambience in the cute but cool courtyard, low prices, nice staff and not least great bread, scrumptious and healthy sandwiches, yummi cakes and fresh-made juices! This place just had everything I craved as a European longing for something familiar and who is a bit tired of rice and beans. I could not have asked for more, this was without a doubt my favorite hang-out in León. Just writing about this kinda makes me miss the place a little bit! I also might add that I respect the owners enourmously for offering employment to a people that need it, giving them fair wages and simultaneously teaching young Nicaraguans a trade that will sustain them in the future. Anyways, here is a Dane giving three cheers for a great café, and for the Dutch-French duo who made it happen!

1  Thank Christina2012june
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Their little sandwiches are really fresh and fairly priced, and the owners are lovely. They also rent appartment behind the bakery that appeared very nice.

1  Thank Grigouillon