“Vegetarian food in Nicaragua!”
Review of CocinArte

CocinArte
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: CocinArte, the city's original vegetarian restaurant,is located in the oldest building of Leon (1620) a few blocks from Central park. The restaurant has a lovely green patio and soft world music is played which makes the restaurant a nice little escape from the buzzing streets of Leon. CocinArte specializes in international vegetarian dishes like falafel, pasta pesto, noodles with a mouthwatering peanut sauce or a flavorful Indian curry or chana masala. But you can also choose for a traditional Nicaraguan dish like Indio Viejo. The House special is "The CocinArte",a sizzling hot plate with sauteed veggie fajitas and vegetables. The menu offers smaller dishes like soups, quesadillas, tacos and salads For the carnivores there is a small selection of chicken dishes. Natural juices & milk shakes (without sugar!) are freshly made at the bar and a fine, strong organic coffee is served. All the food is made to order and ingredients are freshly cut. Packaging and take away is available. Open 12am -10pm, closed on Tuesdays.
Victoria, Canada
“Vegetarian food in Nicaragua!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a little difficulty finding this place, but it was well worth the effort. Having been in Nicaragua for three weeks, it was so refreshing to have Vegetarian food - well prepared and seasoned. The service was good, especially considering how crowded it was. It was a live music night (with a classical guitarist) and several people were turned away once the restaurant was full.

• Visited February 2014
CociNarte, Manager at CocinArte, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hello Lawrie,
Thank you very much for your kind words!
Yes, it was a bit of a crazy night.... We did our best to keep up the good service and I`m glad to hear we managed to do that.
Greetings from Leon!

Edmonton, Canada
“Buenisimo!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Had Indio Viejo which was very tasty and also Fajitas Cocinarte which we're sizzling hot (temperature). A lot of food and inexpensive IMO. Friendly Nica staff. Great experience in this lovely city.

Visited January 2014
CociNarte, Manager at CocinArte, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear peter,
Thank yoy so much for your very kind review!
We are very happy you had such a good experience at Cocinarte.
Kind regards from aal of us!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Food that I had in NIcaragua”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were in Leon for 5 days, and we went to this restaurant 3 times. The food is healthy, fresh and wholesome. Excellent value! The place was nice and quiet and the service was pleasant. I had the best tofu that I have ever eaten in my life at this place. My daughter had some great falafel and my husband had a very good Morocan stew. They both eat meat but did not miss it at all at this wonderful restaurant. The mojito's were very good. I wish a restaurant like this existed where I lived. I would be there all the time.

Visited January 2014
CociNarte, Manager at CocinArte, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valeri,
Thank you so much for your very kind words, appreciating it very much! It was a pleasure to have you, your husband and daughter here 3 times. We don`t have plans to move yet, so you both just have to come back to Nicaragua soon... We`ll be here wating for you.
Please send my regards to your husband and daughter.
Saludos, Kris
Granada, Nicaragua
“Delicious Vegetarian Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We came here three times during our stay in Leon, my mom (a vegetarian of 30 years) raved about the tofu and ordered it every time. We had some nice chats with the manager, and generally enjoyed the relaxing environment. Definitely one of our best restaurant finds in Leon. Recommended.

• Visited January 2014
CociNarte, Manager at CocinArte, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi Anne,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your parents and thank you so much for visiting us 3 times, We`re very happy you liked it so much! We hope to see you again whenever you visit Leon, Say hi to your parents..

Kind regards,
Kris
utrecht
“Great place!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very nice restaurant just outside the busy centre of Leon. Easy to find because every local (and taxi driver) seems to know where the Laborio church is and the restaurant is just across the street.
It's a very relaxed place where the plays international music reflects the menu.
I had pan pita pizza for lunch. A very filling pita bread filled with cheese, salsa, tomatoes and other vegetables. It cost me about 80 cords which I think is a good deal.
Nice staff, very friendly and helpful Dutch owner who didn't get tired of answering all my questions about Leon.
Hope to be back soon for one of there main dishes. Can't wait to try the falafel or Moroccan tajines.

• Visited December 2013
CociNarte, Manager at CocinArte, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hi Kippie!
Thank you very much for your review and your kind words!
I`m glad you enjoyed the pan pita pizza, one of the new plates on our menu. It was a pleasure to serve you and to answer your questions. Hope to see you soon again!
Kris