“Highly recommended -”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highly recommended -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a City Tour of León through Lora Trips who connected us with Jesus from Telica Hiking Tours. The first day I showed up and I was sick. Since we had already booked and paid I decided to give it a try as we didn't want to lose our $. However, an hour in I was not seeing straight and felt naseous and not able to retain what our excellent guide was telling us. We suspended the tour, and instead of having us pay again, Jesus re-scheduled the tour for the following day. Needless to say the tour was excellent and he gave us an extra hour and a half than the normal length - and it was evident that our guide really enjoyed sharing the history and culture of León and Nicaragua.

A day later we took the Telica Volcano Night Hiking Tour. We wound up taking horses up part of the way and then hiking the last hour and 15 minutes to see the sunset and then to peer into the crater to see the lava after nightfall. The views were spectacular and will be something that we won't forget. We returned to the horses by flashlight and then rode in the pitch dark the last 1 1/2 hours to the car (what an experience!) as the horses have really good night vision.

If you want an excellent guide who really believes in service and really enjoys showing people the best of what his country has to offer then I highly recommend Telica Hiking Tours without reservation.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank slanning76

San Francisco, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing tour with a local family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had a wonderful experience hiking up Telica with this local family. They were extremely helpful in many instances. For example, when we asked if the $35 tour included sleeping bags they went out of their way to find us some. I have a physical injury, and they went great lengths to help me up and down the volcano. The price of the tour included not only the guide and the supplies, but the transportation to and from their house.

In all I had a great experience and would highly recommend this tour group.

Visited July 2012