“Excellent”

Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 28 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our main Tour are: families vacations trips, shore escurcion Corinto and San Juan del Sur. Sandboarding Cerro Negro and Telica volcano hike everydays
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Echoing what others have said, Julio is a great tour guide. My hotel recommended him, and I am very happy that they did. We went to a rooster fight and he was great at explaining everything going on, even introducing me to people he knew and at all times looking out for me. He was also very professional - he had his personal story and his views, but he only spoke about them when he was asked. I happen to be a curious person so I asked a lot of questions that he was very gracious answering, but I imagine if you're the kind of person that wants more of a quieter tour with just the basics he would be happy to oblige as well.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank d m
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hola.
Thank you for your nice review, well I liked so much spent time with you at the rooster places
GALLERA, Hope other day you comeback contact me to go BULL RIDING, or HORSE PARADE parade.
My book get Title: ALL IS TRUE, EVEN THE LIES, history of Nicaragua.
Thanks again.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Julio as our guide to the Cerro Negro Volcano. He picked us up from our hotel around 8:30am and then we spent about an hour in the car getting to know one another. Julio has quite a life story that helps you understand Nicaragua and its history. He then helped us hike up the volcano and took us ash sledding. Great time! Thank you Julio for making it such a special day and the next time we are in Leon we can't wait to see you!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank John-Brittany H
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi
Thank very much for your nice review.
to be honest I enjoy talking with you since your questioning were very specific and smart
I continou working hard try to offer my guees a hight quality of servicies but also dont see they as guees I prefer made friends as you.
Thank again and all the best for you.
looking forward to see you again.
New Denver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There are tours.....and then there is a Julio Tour.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Julio blends history with his own varied past to give a tour unlike any other. His real life experience had me thinking he should write a book....And he already is! I can't wait to read it.
If you want a real treat in Leon, then Julio will look after you. - He even sent his son to get us to the airport on time!

Visited March 2013
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Yes, there are tours.
Leon City offer differents kind of tours, Volcanoes hike, Leon viejo ruins, Juan Venado Island and much more but doing all those with Julio Tours that made the diferent.
Thank guys for your review. it help.
Victoria, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Julio Tours”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did this tour with my wife just over a year ago it still ranks as one of my most favourite tours of all time. We wandered the streets and markets with our guide and met locals first hand without the typical bus tour distance between cultures we got to be immersed in it. Julio's life story is worth the tour alone, we also visited the dance hall where the presidents assassination took place, and also the home of the Assassin, the tour was quite a reality check. We wandered through a locals public market which was an amazing spectacle, lunch was very good in the hotel and it was a nice respite from the tour. I felt very safe with our guide as did our whole group, seeing many horse drawn carts on downtown streets was very surreal. I completely recommend this tour and say hi to Julio for me, I will do this tour again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Corvetter
Thank very much.
I like so much your review.
I am working preparing other boutique Tours and invite you take them,
they are social comunities tours.
BE good.
Florida
156 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“From the heart tour”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Holland America Statendam late April in Corinto and one of the Cruise Critic members on our ship had put together a tour with Julio. We were about 20 on his bus which you have to walk outside port to catch, only HAL buses inside port. Driver and Julio were great all day. You see the country thru his eyes and he has had an amazing life. Easy bus ride to Leon, a fabled old city, great tour, great lunch stop and back to port before the ship sails. Can't say enough good things about him. We had all brought school supplies and he arranged a stop at the school, a feel good thing for those of us more fortunate.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Golferboy18
Hola.
I would like to tell you how much I apressiate your help, you were so very nice person too.
Julio Tours had beem working to offer a good servicies with high Quality and responsability.
So thanks agian, I like meet people as you.