“There are tours.....and then there is a Julio Tour.”

Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 26 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our main Tour are: families vacations trips, shore escurcion Corinto and San Juan del Sur. Sandboarding Cerro Negro and Telica volcano hike everydays
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
New Denver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There are tours.....and then there is a Julio Tour.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Julio blends history with his own varied past to give a tour unlike any other. His real life experience had me thinking he should write a book....And he already is! I can't wait to read it.
If you want a real treat in Leon, then Julio will look after you. - He even sent his son to get us to the airport on time!

Visited March 2013
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Yes, there are tours.
Leon City offer differents kind of tours, Volcanoes hike, Leon viejo ruins, Juan Venado Island and much more but doing all those with Julio Tours that made the diferent.
Thank guys for your review. it help.

Victoria, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Julio Tours”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did this tour with my wife just over a year ago it still ranks as one of my most favourite tours of all time. We wandered the streets and markets with our guide and met locals first hand without the typical bus tour distance between cultures we got to be immersed in it. Julio's life story is worth the tour alone, we also visited the dance hall where the presidents assassination took place, and also the home of the Assassin, the tour was quite a reality check. We wandered through a locals public market which was an amazing spectacle, lunch was very good in the hotel and it was a nice respite from the tour. I felt very safe with our guide as did our whole group, seeing many horse drawn carts on downtown streets was very surreal. I completely recommend this tour and say hi to Julio for me, I will do this tour again.

1 Thank Corvetter
Thank very much.
I like so much your review.
I am working preparing other boutique Tours and invite you take them,
they are social comunities tours.
BE good.
Florida
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 261 helpful votes
“From the heart tour”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Holland America Statendam late April in Corinto and one of the Cruise Critic members on our ship had put together a tour with Julio. We were about 20 on his bus which you have to walk outside port to catch, only HAL buses inside port. Driver and Julio were great all day. You see the country thru his eyes and he has had an amazing life. Easy bus ride to Leon, a fabled old city, great tour, great lunch stop and back to port before the ship sails. Can't say enough good things about him. We had all brought school supplies and he arranged a stop at the school, a feel good thing for those of us more fortunate.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Golferboy18
Hola.
I would like to tell you how much I apressiate your help, you were so very nice person too.
Julio Tours had beem working to offer a good servicies with high Quality and responsability.
So thanks agian, I like meet people as you.
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"No problem!" is Julio's motto”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I came to Nicaragua with an exact plan of the things I want to see. Some were touristic landmarks, of course. However, some were extremely obscure things, way out of the beaten path, things that are not listed in Julio's website or any travel agency. These were parts of a photographic project I'm working on. Anything I was looking for, Julio was there with a solution.
So, if you need a real LOCAL guide with deep knowledge of the area and connections inside the community, Julio Tours is the right choice. Professional, honest, reliable.
Highly recommended!

1 Thank color109
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi there.
Thanks, how nice review I like alot.
Yes, you are right there are many wed dont offer some tours but we in JULIO TOURS are opend to do any kind of tours special if they are in our comunity as we did tradiction, cultural and historical.
Thanks again.
BE good.
Julo
Austin, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Day kayaking, tour of Granada-- do it all!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've been on 3 tours with Julio & company (son Cesar, too) and would highly recommend all of them.

1. walking tour of Leon: complete with review of Nicaraguan history and tour of the Cathedral; highlights include an interactive history review, a climb to the majestic cathedral's roof, a wonderful storyteller with a great story to tell, and a hot tour polished off with a cold drink in a posh hotel

2. weekend trip to Granada/Masaya: transportation was comfortable and cool, hotel was reasonable in a pretty expensive city (for Nicaragua), rented bicycles and rode a short and beautiful way out to a lovely boat tour of the lake, and stopped at the picturesque Masaya to shop for artisanal works on the way back

3. day kayaking trip to Jiquilillo (up north in Chinandega): a trip with Cesar to the beach town of Jiquilillo, where we met up with a quirky American couple who runs a professional kayaking business out of their beautiful cottage on the peninsula. After a power lunch of fried fish and gallopinto (rice and beans-- you'll love it), we set off on a custom kayak tour of the peaceful, mirrorlike waters of the Pacific mangrove bay. We even took an optional hike in the middle of the kayak trip to the most breathtaking vista I've seen of Nica yet.

In the process of all this, we feel like we've become friends with Julio and his family; he's just that warm and welcoming. Tour with Julio; he's the best you'll find in Nicaragua.

Visited May 2013
Hola Guys thanks very much for your wounderfull description.

Well very good review, taking time in your busy life and describe all our tours made in the past.
I am working creating other tours and I am sure you guys will be interesting to take, they are about sociocultural on the caribe reguion to visit Miskitos, sumos, Garifonas autentic people.

Thanks very much. Huge.