“Visiting Leon with Julio”

Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 29 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our main Tour are: families vacations trips, shore escurcion Corinto and San Juan del Sur. Sandboarding Cerro Negro and Telica volcano hike everydays
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Ported in Corinto, Nicaragua. Found Julio Tours on Trip Advisor prior to leaving, so made arrangements to tour Leon with Julio. He was waiting at the port entrance with his van and driver parked nearby. Julio shared his personal history and his country’s history during our van ride to Leon. He is delightful, engaging, and very knowledgeable. We arrived in Leon in time to walk in the Good Friday procession, and then view the cathedral from an open doorway. We then had lunch at a lovely hotel restaurant before moving on to see where they were doing religious art in the streets. They used a layer of peat moss within frame work, then would etch their pictures in the peat moss, completing them with colorfully died peat moss. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful experience to be able to see and participate in all of this, and mix with the locals on one of their very special holidays. I highly recommend Julio Tours!

Julio P, Gerente at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thanks very much for your great opinion about my services.
Hope your review help more people take the corectly tours in Nicaragua.

Yes, I also enjoy spend the day with you all.
Be good.
And someday that you need vacation Julio Tour will be waiting for you.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"delicious lunch"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited the beautiful country of Nicaragua in Dec 2012. Julio Pineda is a soft spoken gentleman who picked us up from Granada early morning for our tour of the Leon Viejo ruins and then a tour of Leon City. He engaged in interesting conversations with us throughout the tour and we found him to be very knowledgeable and passionate about his country. He was also quite curious about world affairs and he talked to us about our own country (India) during the drives. On the city tour, he gave us a good look into Nicaragua's political upheavals between 1961-1990 and told us about his own harrowing experience as a guerilla during that time. Julio also took us on a tour of the Cerro Negro volcano (we chose not to do the sandboarding, even though he offered to do it with us) and then drove us to Managua for our flight. I must mention that Julio also organized our private day tour to the Ometepe Island (from Granada) and that went smoothly without a hitch. Our time spent with Julio was very memorable and informative and I will not hesitate to use Julio's services again for our next trip to Nicaragua. Thanks Julio for a wonderful time - keep smiling always ! :)

Julio P, Director General at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thanks very much for your good opinion, I liked a lot.
Yes, I like be interesting in event from all the world in order to undertands better my country wich is small in poor and to know what happend in other part is really interesting.

Be good.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and i just returned from 2 wonderful weeks in Nicaragua. A week and a half of that trip was scheduled by and with Julio from Julio Tours. My husband found JulioTours on the computer and we were a bit apprehensive not knowing if Julio would really show up at the airport or not. We flew through customs, out the exit and there was Julio holding a sign with our names and a huge smile. The connection was made, from that time forward everything Julio arranged, pick up times, etc. was beyond our expectations. Everybody was always on time if not early. We toured most of Nicaragua and received a wonderful education about the revolution and the history of the Nicaraguan people. Julio was the best tour guide we have ever had and we have toured a lot of other countries. I would highly recommend Julio Tours, it is money well spent and you will fall in love with Nicaragua and Julio. (He has great children too).

Julio P, Propietario at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

It was so great meet you.
I hope your return into Nicaragua to show more about this wouderful contry.

Hope everthing is good.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from spending a week in Nicaragua, and used Julio Tours for several tours and as well used his service to pick us up and drop us off again at the airport.His drivers were always on time, and most accommodating. We had asked Julio for tours of farms in the area, and although he had never done this before, he managed to put together a good tour of three farms in the area. He also gave us a historial tour, including the conflicts within NIcaragua up to the current situation in the country. Most informative and well put together. For those of us who don't have a good grasp of Spanish, Julio's English is very good and he is always ready to answer any questions. The only negative was the drivers we had that picked us up, and took us back to the airport did not speak or understand English, and couldn't answers any questions we had along the way. Julio is writing a book detailing his life prior to and including the time during the revolution. Please let us know when this project is complete, so we can purchase your book.

Thanks again for your excellent service

Dwight and Sheryl
Grant and Leona

Hello there.
Let me tell you that experiencie with you was so amazing, interesting.
The best part was to know or learn about CHILOTE. Nicaragua is a really agricultor contry
and we are so rich with this land.
Hope you guys cameback soon to explore more farm and eat well too.

Julio.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came to Nicaragua with many false ideas about a beautiful Country with lovely people. My time spent with Julio Tours was unequivocally the best tour I have ever taken. I learned so much about the struggle of a people that merely wanted to determine their own destiny but got caught up in a circus of International Politics. Julio showed me the sights of churches, volcanoes and those breathtaking lakes but went on to reveal The Soul Of The Revolution.
Julio has put together an efficient team of English speaking guides that not once failed to live up to my expectations.
I fully recommend Julio Tours and I particularly encourage you to take the tour focusing on The Revolution.

The Soul of the People, look like TITULO of my BOOK.
I think it is a good aidea.
Dear friend it was a great pleaser to met you, all my Julio Tours team enjoy talking with you and even better see you how happy you were in you enjoying Nicaragua trips.
Thank very, very much.