“An Absolute must when visiting Leon!”

Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our main Tour are: families vacations trips, shore escurcion Corinto and San Juan del Sur. Sandboarding Cerro Negro and Telica volcano hike everydays
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Lexington, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“An Absolute must when visiting Leon!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I took the Leon City Tour with Julio and can not tell you how much I enjoyed it! He flawlessly blended the history of Nicaragua with great detail about the recent war. It was an absolutely mesmerizing story that can not be told by a bystander. Julio was actually wrongly imprisoned as a teenager, only to be released and fight as a young man for his country's freedom. The accounts of his experiences were spellbinding. A history lesson told by someone that was actually there. This is a tour I will never forget. Wow!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank KYMary
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear KY hope everthing is doing very well with your.

Wow nice review, well I just try to tell people about nIcaragua history and at the end I undertand that my life had beem part of Nicaragua history, to share it with you, it better because you recive info from someone who was envolv in all this proces.

I apresiate a lot your report-.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We visited the rum factory and toured the countryside with an experienced guide. Julio greeted us in person at the cruise terminal, and was on-time with his guide. The guide also showed us the main city and key attractions, which we were not expecting on the tour, but which made it very nice. We arrived back at the ship over 1 hour before sailing, with plenty of time to explore the nearby town on our own; perfect timing! Highly recommended. Much better than the ship's excursions.

Visited December 2012
Thank very much for your note on tripadvisor.
Sorry be late with my aswer,
Yes We are offering the FLOR DE CAÑA tours, and historical tours ofcourse we can not forget how amny volcanoes we get around here, so for hike we are ready too.

Enjoy your life,
Austin, Texas
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Your guide as living history”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We loved every minute we spent with Julio! We did a walking tour of central Leon with him. Along the way, he showed us the murals, the market, churches, etc. I've been on a lot of walking tours, and it always makes a big difference when the guide has lived and breathed the city his or her whole life. That's certainly true with Julio. But the real bonus with Julio getting to hear his amazing personal life story, as he weaves it into the history of the country as told through the city's many historical murals. You come away with a much deeper understanding of the people and history f Nica. Julio is absolutely a must see!

Visited August 2012
Hola there.

I had beem very careful your review to undertands your words, at the end I can say you thank very much for enjoy your visiting in Nicaragua speacil down here in Leon city.

Yes the murales in this town made easy my job and you guys understand better, it is nice read your report.
but also you say take my city tour should be as dotty ¨OBLIGACION´that any turism or any person should do, wow.
Thanks again,
be good,
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Live the history of Nicaragua”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you do only one tour in Nicaragua, do one in Leon. If you want to "feel" the history of Nicaragua then hire Julio to be your guide in Leon. He was a soldier during the Sandanista/Contra civil war. Our 12 year old daughter was engaged during the entire tour! (okay, we did lose her when we lingered too long at the art gallery:-)

Visited December 2012
Julio P, Manager at Julio Tours Nicaragua - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Wow, Thank very much for your positive review.
YEs, I had beem working just tring to tell our visiting the real Nicaragua history and in that way understand why many event.
But I also I just pretend tell people how much we LOVE this beuatiful country.

All the best for you and family.
Again Thank very much.
Julio.
Navarre, Florida
“Thank you Julio”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

All I have to say is WOW! Julio and Nicaragua where amazing. Julio took us places that I never thought I would ever go. At the end of our trip not only did we have a trip of a lifetime but gained a friend for life.

Visited November 2012
how nice is to hear from you that you gian a freind during your time in Nicaragua.

YES, I am not looking for clients I am tring to made many freinds as I can, rememeber the great song "we are the world".
So I Like a friend as you too, nice, polite and Intelligents.
All the best for you.