“Has fast WIFI”

Ranked #3 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Leon
Vancouver, Canada
“Has fast WIFI”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

Lazy Bones has a pool table, swimming pool (very chlorinated), hammocks, TV with a selection of DVDS, sufficient computers and pretty fast WIFI. The rooms are quite warm and can be buggy, they have a mosquito net but it´sannoying when the fan blowing it around.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

Backpacker hotels have come a long way since the old days. This is the new version, with good, inexpensive, and clean rooms, a pool, free coffee, and free internet. They even give you a free international call each day. The location is perfect. No complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

I'll start by saying that 19 USD for a private room is a little more than I'd feel a fair price to pay for this place. In April 2008 my friend & I stayed at its twin sister hotel in Granada which is more impressive & comfortable.
After long flights & bus rides from Managua, I finally arrived to this hostal. Even with the printed map & directions given on the hostal's website, the taxi driver had a hard time finding it. The front desk staff was very kind & check-in went smoothly. They gave me my private room #H1. I was disappointed with what I saw when I entered--in the dark room there was a ripped mosquito net on a bed, behind the bed there was a cement shelf with glass cups filled with candle wax or finished drinks and cigarette butts. I asked at the front desk to put my documents & cash in their safety box but they didn't have one. She said I had one in my room. There was an old wooden nightstand with a drawer that locked--or so I thought. It didn't lock so I brought it up to the staff who fixed it while I showered across the hall. The shared shower was way more primitive than the nice ones inside the private rooms in Granada. The shower head had 2 or 3 holes in it and was near impossible to get water to come out of it.
It was nice at night to sleep with the provided fan on high. The quiet rule starting at 10pm was followed.
The back pool area was a cool place to hang out. The 6 free internet computers are there, the breakfast tables are there too. Breakfast wasn't included but a reasonable price for the great portion provided.
I spent that one day walking around Leon taking pictures of lots of stuff. I even went all the way down to the Subtiava area with its beautiful old cathedral. My goal was to complete Leon in one day and then move on not having to stay in that hostal/town more than one night.
My reservation was easily made via the hostal's website. I booked for 2 nights but didn't have to pay (no Western Union, no credit card deposit, etc.) until arrival. The pictures on the hotel's website are accurate though again I'll mention that the sister hotel in the city of Granada was cleaner, more comfortable, and overall a better bargain.
Would I recommend this place? Yes for those who want to save money and meet tons of cool people from all over the world. Would I stay here again? Maybe. The staff was friendly though not too knowledgable about their town when asked questions. Also, I would ask to see other rooms before settling for the first one given so as to avoid another private room like H1.
Note: this hostal also has dorm-style rooms that are dirt cheap and look very decent.

• Liked — The pool, pool table, breakfast, computer area
  • Disliked — Shared bathroom & private room too primitive
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funnychap24