Hostal La Tortuga Booluda
$23
$21
$102
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspancake breakfastbook exchangemake your ownfree pancakespool tablehonor systemhonesty barprivate roomthe kitchenstar fruitchilled hostelrun hostelcentral americarelaxed atmospherefree wififellow travelersfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I was very happy with my decision to book the private room with its own bath and terrace at Tortuga Booluda. This was a great spot from which to explore Leon and it was always nice to unwind in the hammock after a day of wandering the city. This is a great option for anyone from solo travellers to couples or even a small group. I also greatly appreciated the cervesas and other drinks available for purchase on the premises. Staff were very nice and always helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I spent two nights here and found it to be a very comfortable place to stay when visiting Leon. We opted for the private suite with AC since we don't normally stay at hostels and were happy with the accomodations. Our room included a private deck which was nice to relax on in the evenings. Also, there is an "honor system" for grabbing your drinks which I thought was a great idea and very convenient. I found the staff and owner to be very friendly and helpful in recommending places to eat and tours to go on.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

What a fantastic place! Stayed in the coed dormitory, each has their own private bathroom. The rate includes use of the internet (one computer), extensive book exchange, fully stocked kitchen, pool table, coffee and make-yer-own pancakes in the morning. Staff are bilingual, there's a lot of information on tours and local attractions. They have snacks and drinks on the honor system. Cool vibe, many travelers to meet and really laid back common area with guitar and plenty of space to relax. About a 10 minute walk from the main square.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We're a bit older than the people who normally stay there, but we both carry a strong dislike for all-inclusive and secured vacation places, so this year we decided to just pack and go somewhere we never been before - Nicaragua. We spent our second night in La Tortuga Booluda and I wouldn't have traded it for the best 5 star hotel I have ever been to! The vibe of the place is incredible, the people there are fun, the staff is great . And, whoever is that put this place's look together, I salute you:) Go there, it's way more fun than any hotel. Free WiFi, breakfast, coffee and a lot of helpful advice from fellow travelers, close to everything!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SvetlaD
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Great hostal, so clean, so well run - congrats to the owner, youre doing a great job! we went to leon for 2 nights and ended up staying 6. this place is so relaxing - think got the best nights sleep ever after relaxing all day in the hostal. had to tear myself away to see some of leon but kept on coming back and chilling on the couch reading. Love the fact you its self service bar aswell, great idea.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple